May 11, 2024, 07:07:38 AM

Author Topic: Earth elemental wizard build help requested  (Read 2681 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Earth elemental wizard build help requested
« on: March 29, 2016, 04:14:16 AM »
Hi everyone,

I wanted to make a book that is designed around the [mwcard=FWC02]Earth Elemental[/mwcard] and maybe a few [mwcard=FWC09]Iron Golems[/mwcard]. I'm a horribly bad wizard player and my first iteration of the book is plain bad.

Does anyone have a design and strategy that might work for them? Thanks in advance!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Earth elemental wizard build help requested
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:04:25 AM »
As far as I can tell, earth elemental is designed to rampage around destroying stuff like Godzilla. His mobility is terrible, which is why he needs the wizard to teleport him around. He costs 20 mana and requires a decent amount of support, so he's a huge investment early on and you're unlikely to have enough mana to summon more than one iron golem after that. Also, he's not psychic immune, so you need to be prepared to protect him from mind control and charm or to just summon an iron golem if you're fighting a forcemaster. (Iron golem is psychic immune)

To be honest, I'm not sure Earth Elemental even works that well in Standard Arena. Since he's meant to destroy enemy creatures and conjurations, you'd think he'd want to destroy the enemy mage's economy, (or at least their creatures and/or spawnpoints) before it can pay itself back. But that is very hard to do sometimes.

Now that I think of it, Earth Elemental might be better in Domination mode. Hmm.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:06:12 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Earth elemental wizard build help requested
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 07:45:51 AM »
whatch charmynas thunderdome matches

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 08:34:03 AM »
A simple combo that has worked very well against spawnpoints and creatures is to move as fast as you can while casting cheap armor on you. Once in the zone with the spawn point cast the iron golem, cast hugin (then or even before if given the time) and have hugin cast battle fury and whirling strike on the golem as per the needs.
Iron golemĀ“s quickaction attack is a great advantage.
I have never run the earth elemental. It is just too slow for my taste...
Good luck!

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
The Classic Earth Wizard strategy is to summon a few Iron Golems and then teleport the enemy  mage into a spiked pit.  Hold him there with a tanglevine and some nullifies (to prevent teleporting) and just beat him up.  It may be even easier now with the advent of Astral Anchor to keep him from teleporting.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 11:32:34 AM »
Iron Golems are good (but need a lot of Support), but Earth Elementals unfortunately aren't (I'm aware of Charmyna's usage).

Magma Golems are good if you have them? They annihilate Zombies and Goblins! A Gorgon Archer is amazing support as always...