Mage Wars > Spells

Card Errata (The Mage Wars Community Self-Management Project)

<< < (2/6) > >>

Brian VanAlstyne:
I've never played Magic so that means nothing to me. Druid is so far less broken than Wizard was and there are many ways to deal with a druid that don't force you to change your normal strategies.

DaveW:

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 27, 2018, 08:53:54 PM ---If you played a bunch in the beginning then dropped out for 2-3 years and came back recently, I wouldnt consider you to be an experienced mage wars player. There have been a LOT of big changes to the game since then.
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure why you think that I took a 2-3 year hiatus from the game. That certainly has not happened.

Regardless, thanks for helping to clarify some things for me.

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 27, 2018, 08:53:54 PM ---The druid is currently broken....

BW warlord is good because of card support, but his abilities are next to useless and anvil throne makes him obsolete....
--- End quote ---

I know quite a few players who would disagree with both of these statements, myself included. It appears that you are stating your personal opinion as fact.

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 27, 2018, 08:53:54 PM ---It makes absolutely no sense that you can see through steep hill from the corner of a zone but not through the side. That means that at range 1 you can't see through to the other side, but at range 2 you can!
--- End quote ---

Are you suggesting that you can see through a Steep Hill from two zones away diagonally, to the zone two more zones away diagonally? This seems to be a simple errata, and should be pretty intuitive regardless. I didn't think of this situation since I never had it come up in games. Thanks for explaining your thoughts there.

Sailor Vulcan:

--- Quote from: DaveW on July 27, 2018, 10:39:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 27, 2018, 08:53:54 PM ---If you played a bunch in the beginning then dropped out for 2-3 years and came back recently, I wouldnt consider you to be an experienced mage wars player. There have been a LOT of big changes to the game since then.
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure why you think that I took a 2-3 year hiatus from the game. That certainly has not happened.

Regardless, thanks for helping to clarify some things for me.

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 27, 2018, 08:53:54 PM ---The druid is currently broken....

BW warlord is good because of card support, but his abilities are next to useless and anvil throne makes him obsolete....
--- End quote ---

I know quite a few players who would disagree with both of these statements, myself included. It appears that you are stating your personal opinion as fact.

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 27, 2018, 08:53:54 PM ---It makes absolutely no sense that you can see through steep hill from the corner of a zone but not through the side. That means that at range 1 you can't see through to the other side, but at range 2 you can!
--- End quote ---

Are you suggesting that you can see through a Steep Hill from two zones away diagonally, to the zone two more zones away diagonally? This seems to be a simple errata, and should be pretty intuitive regardless. I didn't think of this situation since I never had it come up in games. Thanks for explaining your thoughts there.

--- End quote ---
Because distance in mage wars is only counted vertically and horizontally not diagonally. So a zone that is diagonally one away is actually two away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Arkdeniz:

--- Quote from: DaveW on July 27, 2018, 10:39:38 PM ---Are you suggesting that you can see through a Steep Hill from two zones away diagonally, to the zone two more zones away diagonally? This seems to be a simple errata, and should be pretty intuitive regardless. I didn't think of this situation since I never had it come up in games. Thanks for explaining your thoughts there.

--- End quote ---

Anyone who managed to convince someone else that the Steep Hill blocked LoS through the sides but not through the corners is a rules lawyer of the highest calibre, and dare I say it not someone I would want to play with.

I'm with DaveW - it is a pretty intuitive thing, and needs a simple clarification at most. 

exid:
ABC
DEF
GHI

not sure to understand the steep hill problem...
steep hill on E, i'm on H ---> I have LoS to GHI, to DEF, but no LoS ABC. right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version