Mage Wars > Spells

Card Errata (The Mage Wars Community Self-Management Project)

<< < (3/6) > >>

exid:
about the druid, I think she is very powerful.
but the fact that she gets an inexpensive treebond that is expensive to destroy could be seen as an advantage to counterbalance other disadvantages...

i love to play the druid, but the problem i see with her is that i can't find more than 1 or 2 ways to play her.

zzzPAXzzz:
I personaly don‘t think that the BW warlord needs an erretra. I played him a lot in the last year and his orders, melee + 1 and veteran tokens are good enough. I personaly think that spells like pillar of rightous flame is OP and that the forcemaster is broken with all those new cards like the orb that lets u escape everything ...

Kharhaz:

--- Quote from: exid on July 28, 2018, 02:41:19 AM ---ABC
DEF
GHI

not sure to understand the steep hill problem...
steep hill on E, i'm on H ---> I have LoS to GHI, to DEF, but no LoS ABC. right?

--- End quote ---

Yes but that is not the "problem"

Steep hill blocks line of sight that passes through "two sides of this zone"

So if you are on G you have LoS to GHI, E, and C. LoS is drawn from the center and does not pass through two sides of the zone with the hill, by a RAW stance. 

LoS corner cases, see what I did there, are not an issue for walls that block LoS since there is wording that covers how diaganolly tracing is handled (page 17 for those interested). Steep Hill is not a wall so those rules don't apply to it, at least not at the moment.

Kharhaz:

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 27, 2018, 08:53:54 PM ---If you played a bunch in the beginning then dropped out for 2-3 years and came back recently, I wouldnt consider you to be an experienced mage wars player. There have been a LOT of big changes to the game since then.

--- End quote ---

First, this is just wrong. Experience only measures how long you have been playing, and is not a measuring stick for skill. So lets stop pretending that putting in more games than someone else gives you a position of superiority, but if that's all you care about is the advice of an experience player let me weigh in.

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 27, 2018, 08:53:54 PM ---The druid is currently broken. The only reason most players haven't noticed it yet is because our playerbase is so small and there's not enough highly skilled experienced druid players fighting often enough for everyone to have noticed yet. But in point of fact, the druids treebond only costs 9 mana and one quick cast action, yet usually takes on average 2 consecutive fireballs, or a galvitar doublestrike and a fireball the next round to kill. That's 16 mana and 2 converted quick actions or 19 mana and three converted quick actions compared to the druid only having to spend 9 mana and one converted quick action. Trying to kill the treebond puts you seriously behind on mana and actions, and if you're facing a competent druid player it is virtually impossible to kill the druid without killing the treebond, but if you do kill the treebond you're overcommitting yourself.

--- End quote ---

"Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong."

Druid is well designed. Mage Wars is a game of countering strategies as well as executing strategies. Druid requires you to play different and adapt to her setup and mid game. Is she impossible to defeat? Absolutely not. If you were playing a bastardization where there was no random rolls and everything was averaged out? Maybe but that's not what this game is.

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 27, 2018, 08:53:54 PM ---BW warlord is good because of card support, but his abilities are next to useless and anvil throne makes him obsolete. It would be good idea to change his abilities to be more unique, so that once the other mages have more card support he won't end up falling behind them again.

--- End quote ---

If you get ~3+ vet tokens in a game then he is the optimal choice btw. That statement is also highly situational (design strategy, etc), but that seems to be the sweet spot. It comes down to opponenet play and the primary triggering mechanic of vet tokens outside the BW control. That does not make him obsolete, just means that he has fewer options for his ability to trigger. I wouldn't put him in the top 3, but he's not in the bottom 3 either.

exid:

--- Quote from: Kharhaz on July 28, 2018, 10:34:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: exid on July 28, 2018, 02:41:19 AM ---ABC
DEF
GHI

not sure to understand the steep hill problem...
steep hill on E, i'm on H ---> I have LoS to GHI, to DEF, but no LoS ABC. right?

--- End quote ---

Yes but that is not the "problem"

Steep hill blocks line of sight that passes through "two sides of this zone"

So if you are on G you have LoS to GHI, E, and C. LoS is drawn from the center and does not pass through two sides of the zone with the hill, by a RAW stance. 

LoS corner cases, see what I did there, are not an issue for walls that block LoS since there is wording that covers how diaganolly tracing is handled (page 17 for those interested). Steep Hill is not a wall so those rules don't apply to it, at least not at the moment.

--- End quote ---
hey! that's fun! didn't meet this situation before.
must be errated, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version