May 12, 2024, 02:35:30 AM

Author Topic: Dancing Scimitar Block  (Read 3130 times)

Iceman8489

Dancing Scimitar Block
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:53:34 PM »
If my mage is stunned or slammed,  can Dancing Scimitar still be used to block a melee attack?

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Dancing Scimitar Block
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
Dancing Scimitar's wording is that "you" use it as a defense.. so it is not an external function which would mean to me that you must be able to use a defense yourself to be able to use Dancing Scimitar's defense.  This is different than its melee attack with is a completely external attack.

Iceman8489

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 02:32:08 PM »
I did read it on the card like that.  But after reading the description of Autonomous I wasn't sure.

lettucemode

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »
The rules for Autonomous say:

"It is unaffected by, and cannot be modified by; traits, abilities, or conditions of the creature it is attached to."

So since it's not affected by any conditions on you, which includes stun and slam, it is still able to defend you. This is also in line with the theme of the card.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »

"It is unaffected by, and cannot be modified by; traits, abilities, or conditions of the creature it is attached to."

So since it's not affected by any conditions on you, which includes stun and slam, it is still able to defend you. This is also in line with the theme of the card.

Yup Lettuce is correct.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Iceman8489

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »

Yup Lettuce is correct.

Awesome to know.  I played a game the other day where this would have made a huge difference.