May 11, 2024, 11:09:59 AM

Author Topic: Enchantment Transfusion and Magebind  (Read 3931 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Enchantment Transfusion and Magebind
« on: August 30, 2013, 06:12:49 PM »
So if I were to cast an Enchantment with the Magebind +2 trait onto a creature and reveal it and then later used Enchantment Transfusion also cast on such creature (say Harmonize on Fellea) to move the Enchantment to my mage do I have pay the magebind cost? From the codex of the v2 manual:

Magebind +X
This enchantment is a little tougher to attach to a Mage. If this enchantment is attached to a Mage, the reveal cost is increased by X. This adjusted reveal cost is used for all purposes in spells, abilities, or effects which refer to the reveal cost of this spell.

The spell has been revealed so happens? If it is still hidden do I have to pay the Magebind +2? Yes, I would think as the spell hasn't been revealed yet and the wording above makes sense.

I am thinking that the answer to the first scenario is still yes, but I am not sure. I come to this conclusion from the first sentence: "This enchantment is a little tougher to attach to a Mage."
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Enchantment Transfusion and Magebind
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:29:30 PM »
If the Harmonize is face up, and you use Enchantment Transfusion to move it to your mage, you do not pay the Magebind cost. Enchantment Transfusion doesn't care what the cost of the enchantment is, only the level if revealed.

If you move a face down Harmonize to your mage with Enchantment Transfusion and subsequently reveal the Harmonize, you would have to pay the reveal cost, which, since it is on a mage, is increased by the Magebind. So in this case, you would have to pay the Magebind cost.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 11:15:53 PM »
Also note after you move it to your mage if the opponent tries to dispel it they do have to pay magebind cost

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 06:57:57 PM »
If the Harmonize is face up, and you use Enchantment Transfusion to move it to your mage, you do not pay the Magebind cost. Enchantment Transfusion doesn't care what the cost of the enchantment is, only the level if revealed.

If you move a face down Harmonize to your mage with Enchantment Transfusion and subsequently reveal the Harmonize, you would have to pay the reveal cost, which, since it is on a mage, is increased by the Magebind. So in this case, you would have to pay the Magebind cost.

Another sticker in your collection
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage