Mage Wars > League / Tournament Play

The League of Extraordinary Mage Warriors

(1/20) > >>

SharkBait:
Greetings!
I am Shark bait, and I wanted to gauge the interest of the community in the following proposal.

I would like to put together a Mage Wars league for play via OCTGN. The current idea in my head is that if we can get 10 interested and committed players, we can play a round robin schedule (everyone plays each other player once) on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Once those 9 weeks (or 18 if we do bi-weekly) are up, the players in the top 4 of the standings will play-off in a double elimination style tournament to determine the league's winner. If successful, more seasons of the league will follow with a possible expanded player pool.

I was planning on having everyone schedule their own matches with their opponent due to potentially large differences in time zone, and then posting a battle report of the match. If there is sufficient interest in this league, I will gladly flesh out the rest of the details. Post either on here or message me if you're interested.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright,
After some last minute shuffling around, I think we're ready to kick this off. We have 15 participants in the league. Once everyone has played 14 matches (One against each other player), the top 4 records will go into a double elimination playoff to determine the winner of the first season of The League of Extraordinary Mage Warriors.

A couple of quick notes:

Scheduling:

I will list everyone's name and their first 3 opponents here and will update the front post. Everyone has 3 weeks from 22 May to play their first 3 opponents and report the result back. This gives a bit of scheduling flexibility so you can knock all 3 out right away if you want to (or have a week that's better than others). Any matches not reported will be counted as a draw for both players. If you have tried to contact your opponent and receive no response within a couple of weeks, let me know and I'll give you the win by forfeit instead.

Card Pool:

Any card available on OCTGN at the time of the match being played is legal for a book. Promos will be allowed as they are with the following exceptions: If the card has been released and has changed, the released version takes precedent. Ballista will be counted as Unique and War Mage Only.

Standings

Standings can be found >>HERE<<

Mages
You can use any mage/book you want for each match. There is no restriction.

Alright, we're now into the second phase! If you haven't played your first 3 games, you still have time. However, you should get a move on! Prizes are at stake!

Suggested opponents for 12 June - 3 July:

1. Drefan :RomeoXero, Ad_Yer, gaspode77

2. Schwenkgott : Drmambo, Ad_Yer, RomeoXero

3. Frozen : BigL16, Kaarin, Biblofilter

4. Biblofilter : drmambo, Ad_Yer, Frozen

5. Coshade : gaspode77, Sharkbait, Kaarin

6. Kaarin: Juli, Ad_yer, Coshade

7. DevilsVendetta: gaspode77, Schwenkgott Biblofilter

8. Sharkbait: BigL16, Coshade, Sailor Vulcan

9. Juli: Kaarin, Biblofilter, Schwenkgott

10. gaspode77: Coshade, DevilsVendetta, BigL16

11. Ad_Yer: Biblofilter, Schwenkgott, Kaarin

12. Sailor Vulcan: Sharkbait, Kaarin, Schwenkgott

13. Drmambo: Biblofilter, Juli, RomeoXero

14. BigL16: Frozen, Sharkbait, gaspode77

15. RomeoXero: Ad_yer, Drefan, drmambo

Prizes
I have also decided that the following prizes will be given out:
- The top 4 in the regular season will all receive their choice of Priestess or Warlock Academy
- The two mages who play in the final playoff match will receive the other in addition to their choice for making the playoffs (So the top 2 mages will receive BOTH academy sets)
- The Winner of the League of Extraordinary Mage Warriors season 1 will receive a copy of The Lost Grimoire in addition to the two academy sets and a Trophy to go with it (picture not available yet).

A note on rerolls: If you roll the wrong number of dice, just reroll with the correct number of dice and treat the first roll as if it didn't exist

If there are any questions/concerns/I messed something up please let me know.

Coshade:
I'm IN

Biblofilter:
Im in as well :)

BigL16:
Question: is this open to all continents?

I ask because I would have to play my games after 7pm EST...    which complicates things with the European players :/

Brian VanAlstyne:
In.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version