May 02, 2024, 03:08:09 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Academy: Ascension Mode  (Read 3229 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Academy: Ascension Mode
« on: December 15, 2015, 06:14:52 PM »
Instead of using a real mage, choose any of the creatures in Academy whose combined spellbook points add up to 4 to be your "mage". You can have any training you want.

You have no channeling stat. You have 60 starting mana . Spellbook size is still 40 points. There are no setup rounds. You can only cast up to two spells per round, and you do have a quickcast action. An equipment can only target  and be attached to one "mage" creature at a time. If you have the same training as a real mage, than you have access to their mage-class only equipment spells.

Other than that, the rules are the same as normal. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:18:58 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Academy: Ascension Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 08:44:44 AM »
Cool idea.
I would give your "mage" a channeling of zero, so it can be pumped by flowers/cristals/moonglow amulet... 100 mana is what normal mages get/use in 7 to 10 rounds. Most games I've played lasted longer than 10 rounds...

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »
Cool idea.
I would give your "mage" a channeling of zero, so it can be pumped by flowers/cristals/moonglow amulet... 100 mana is what normal mages get/use in 7 to 10 rounds. Most games I've played lasted longer than 10 rounds...

This is the Academy version of the format. In Mage Wars Academy, both mages have 7 channeling, the bm has 0 starting mana and the wizard has 3 starting mana. The 60 mana thing is just an estimate based on the mana costs of the cards in the starting academy spellbooks and the length in rounds of the Academy duels I remember seeing so far.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 07:43:36 PM »
This is the Academy version of the format.
Missed that...
Anyway, it's something I want to try some day...