May 01, 2024, 10:09:38 PM

Author Topic: Togorath , a big fake?  (Read 25790 times)

Sirscott13

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Togorath , a big fake?
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 09:05:58 PM »
Maybe spend the points to put him with forcemaster as her personal guard. Then quick as her built in force pull and let him do his groot thing

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2014, 10:31:50 PM »
Maybe spend the points to put him with forcemaster as her personal guard. Then quick as her built in force pull and let him do his groot thing

12 spell points... that s kind of a waste.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »
First of all, Togorah would be 18 spellbook points to include in a Forcemaster spellbook. Secondly, you can't move Togorah with Force Pull, so you would need to pull enemy creatures to Togorah. Not being able to move creatures either way drastically reduces the Forcemasters flexibility.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 11:22:57 PM »
yeah, I've never played the forcemaster, so i guess i missed the non mind creatures cost triple thing
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Sirscott13

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »
Well when ever I do a force master spell book I always end up having way under my maximum spell points so I put tons of filler cards in it. But the game ends before I can even use half of the cards. Forcemaster is just cool like that haha. But the only real problem I have with the force master is that most of the time I get targeted by tons of ranged spells or unavoidable attacks. She may be able to use her defenses and forcefield, but she definitely seems like the kind of mage that could benefit from a couple guards. Yes there might be better choices then Togorath, but The appeal to me is his regenerative power and ability to guard as a free action.

Consider this. Keep him in your zone at all times. I know your opponent may try to teleport or push you but do your best. Now you have a guard that can intercept all projectiles and even if a creatures has an unavoidable melee attack they have to attack Togorath. You all are talking about his weakness of not having a quick action, but combined with pulling enemy creatures into your zone with Togorath, you can have him stomp them good. Allowing you to focus on building your invincible mage and playing with your opponents creatures.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
Problem is if they have more than one or two creatures attacking...
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.