May 01, 2024, 07:46:05 PM

Author Topic: Togorath , a big fake?  (Read 25789 times)

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Togorath , a big fake?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »
I hope this doesn't result in my finding out we played wrong, but I did find Tog made a satisfying zombie once I beat him down and raised him from the dead using Rise Again :)

I was surprised I could, as it says non Epic, which seems to allow legendary resurrections correct...?

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Correct, you can re-animate legendary creatures if they aren't epic.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »
hahahaa another reason to not play Togo, xd

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 07:41:50 PM »
Except that reason applies to ALL non-epic creatures not just Togorah
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 12:52:21 AM »
Also, since Togorath is Slow, he would start out Stunned when Raised.  (In case you missed that.)  He also couldn't regenerate, and takes six damage, so he likely wouldn't last all that long.  There are much better creatures to Raise.

He is, all around, just a bad card.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 01:03:54 AM »
Also, since Togorath is Slow, he would start out Stunned when Raised.  (In case you missed that.)  He also couldn't regenerate, and takes six damage, so he likely wouldn't last all that long.  There are much better creatures to Raise.

He is, all around, just a bad card.
I watched a game today where he took out the Wizards Tower all the while Intercepting its attack. He was not able to counter attack, but each round that full attack of his and then back on Guard was quite eye opening to watch.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 06:04:46 AM »
Also, since Togorath is Slow, he would start out Stunned when Raised.

Togorah is not slow.

Sadly, I have not been able to find a use for him either.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:07:10 AM by ACG »

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 06:10:04 AM »
Who uses plants and trees? Druid.

Both the druid and the treebonded vinetree are both extremely durable. The druid simply does not need the protection from Togorath.

Perhaps a future more fragile druid can use this creature.

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »
Quote from: ACG
Togorah is not slow.

Gah!  Teaches me not to type when I'm already halfway in bed thinking "sweet, sweet sleep..." ; )

lettucemode

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 09:43:17 AM »
It seems to me that Togorah is intended to be a creature that gains his mage tempo if he is cast as a reaction to something else. He doesn't have the tools to carry a game himself, but he can blunt a powerful offense while doing enough damage to take out whatever is threatening you. Bring him out after the opponent has committed to some big offense, not before, and he'll earn his keep.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »
It seems to me that Togorah is intended to be a creature that gains his mage tempo if he is cast as a reaction to something else. He doesn't have the tools to carry a game himself, but he can blunt a powerful offense while doing enough damage to take out whatever is threatening you. Bring him out after the opponent has committed to some big offense, not before, and he'll earn his keep.

Gain tempo spending 21 mana it´s loose time, with 21 mana you can cast in one turn 2 great creatures plant and one incantation to put you sure as teleport.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 09:47:51 PM »
Some of comparisons in this thread don't even make any sense.  You play Togorah for his abilities.  If you don't need his traits, you don't play him.  Does that mean he's situational? Yes.  Does that mean he's bad? No.   ::)
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 10:20:24 AM »
Some of comparisons in this thread don't even make any sense.  You play Togorah for his abilities.  If you don't need his traits, you don't play him.  Does that mean he's situational? Yes.  Does that mean he's bad? No.   ::)

The discussion is over whether or not Togorah is worth spending 6 spellpoint to put into your book when it's highly situational at best, and there are other things you could put in instead that solve the same problems Togorah does except for less spellpoints and mana (and they likely also solve other problems as well).

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2014, 12:29:03 PM »

The discussion is over whether or not Togorah is worth spending 6 spellpoint to put into your book when it's highly situational at best, and there are other things you could put in instead that solve the same problems Togorah does except for less spellpoints and mana (and they likely also solve other problems as well).

I know what the discussion is over, thank you. 

• Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
Every Necro should have a [mwcard=MW1E08]Death Link[/mwcard]ed [mwcard=DNC18]Togorah, Forest Sentinel[/mwcard] standing in the middle of the [mwcard=DNJ04]Graveyard[/mwcard].
It's simply a matter of style.

Never played with him, but I think Togo is a cool design.  8)
It's a tragedy Druid can't Treebond him.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:46:51 AM by gw »
OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)