May 02, 2024, 08:05:23 AM

Author Topic: Skeletal Sentry subtype  (Read 31236 times)

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: Skeletal Sentry subtype
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 08:53:26 AM »
I hope they will errata it for FiF. I like the concept of a Warlord controlling an army of dead soldiers. It is a bit costy SP-wise, but it is so cool. Having a level 2 undead soldier would help a bit.

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 05:19:23 AM »
I don't get the insistence that this NEEDS errata.

If there's not a significant balance problem, or something not working how it's intended, I don't see errata as necessary.

The lack of a soldier keyword on this skeleton is mildly inconvenient at most, so I'm fine with the card working the way it's printed.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 08:37:51 AM »
Right now, every humanoid skeletons are soldier except that one (because it is from the core set and Warlord was not existing yet).

Also, it is very inconsistent that a skeleton with sword and armor is not a soldier while a stripped skeleton minion is a soldier.

Also, it kinda hinder Warlord that want to play with skeleton soldier by lacking a lvl 2 creature. People might not care much about Warlord, but I like the thematic of a Warlord controlling an undead army. Some kind of Darklord.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:40:07 AM by Wildhorn »

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 07:56:36 AM »
Yesterday I played vs a Druid with my Skeleton Warlord. I had a very hard time because I didn't have Skeletal Sentry as soldier. Minion were too weak to deal any real damage and with Kralathor on board they were just fertilizer. Mort and the Knights were constantly Tanglevined or Snatched away of action.

Skeletal Sentry if they were soldier would have been a very good thing. More resistant than Minion would not have fed Kralahor that easy and they would have been easier to put on board than knights.

Please, make Skeletal Sentry a soldier, for the sake of the fun Skeletal Warlors provide!

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 02:04:03 PM »
Maybe skeletal sentry's are like security guards and volunteer forces...they think they're police or army, but they're not really ;)

Gregstrom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 04:53:10 PM »
So they're... skeletal mall cops?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »
Paul Blart, The Dead Mall Cop?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Gregstrom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 12:53:11 AM »
Maybe even Paul Blart, Mall Corpse.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 04:42:23 AM »
That was pretty much what I had in mind when I was thinking why you'd have sentry's that aren't soldiers.  Could have been a little AW in house joke...

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 07:33:11 AM »
Skeletal Sentry is tired to be a mall joke. Make it a real soldier!

steack

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • http://magewarsfr.forumactif.org/
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 07:53:56 AM »
This errata would only help the warlord, right? Why no love for the Warlord? :'(

why Warlord want Love , he have a new extension for the nexts month   8)

i created a soldier spell book  and a new skeleton with soldier's subtite  its not necessary,  the knight  is very correct .
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 08:52:13 AM »
This errata would only help the warlord, right? Why no love for the Warlord? :'(

i created a soldier spell book  and a new skeleton with soldier's subtite  its not necessary,  the knight  is very correct .

Because a Skeleton Warlord spellbook lack level 2 undead soldier. Level 2 creature are very important because they are the perfect middle ground of cheap/weak level 1 and strong/expensive level 3. When you need some meat/power but only has mana of 1 round channeling, you get a level 2 out. Skeletal Sentry would be perfect but since it is not a soldier, it doesnt fit in a warlord spellbook because it cant benefit from orders and some other spells (current and FiF incoming ones).

This is why Skeletal Sentry NEEDS the soldier subtype. To allow skeleton soldier spellbook to be whole.

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 11:10:43 AM »

Because a Skeleton Warlord spellbook lack level 2 undead soldier. Level 2 creature are very important because they are the perfect middle ground of cheap/weak level 1 and strong/expensive level 3. When you need some meat/power but only has mana of 1 round channeling, you get a level 2 out. Skeletal Sentry would be perfect but since it is not a soldier, it doesnt fit in a warlord spellbook because it cant benefit from orders and some other spells (current and FiF incoming ones).

This is why Skeletal Sentry NEEDS the soldier subtype. To allow skeleton soldier spellbook to be whole.
No, it definitely doesn't NEED to be anything.  You WANT it to be a soldier.  Apparently very badly, but wanting something badly doesn't turn it into a need.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »

No, it definitely doesn't NEED to be anything.  You WANT it to be a soldier.  Apparently very badly, but wanting something badly doesn't turn it into a need.

Truth it is a huge difference between needs and wants. If AW chooses to make it a soldier they will let every body know then. No point in trying to force the issue.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 11:51:08 AM »
Well I consider skeleton soldier spellbook to be a very cool and nice thematique. Just like a canine beastmaster.
But now imagine if Timber Wolf dis not have animal subtype. Suddently, canine spellbook lose alot of interest. They couldnt be spawned by Lair, could.not be pet nor benefit from various totems.  You would have to play with either Fox or Dire Wolf.
This is the situation of the Skeletal Sentry.