May 19, 2024, 07:08:43 AM

Author Topic: Arcane Duels Livechat with Aaron Brosman 2 "The Return"  (Read 6506 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Arcane Duels Livechat with Aaron Brosman 2 "The Return"
« on: January 15, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
Hello again everyone! This coming Thursday the 21st the Arcane Duels gentlemen will have another livechat with me. It'll be at 9PM Eastern / 8PM Central time on their Youtube channel! Feel free to post any questions below that you want us to cover. As before I will answer every question I can, as much as I can. I can't wait, it was a blast last time.

What weird Yiddish word will I break out next? Chutzpah?

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Duels Livechat with Aaron Brosman 2 "The Return"
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:32:45 PM »
I am really looking forward to it!!!

1) Is it true that Klingon derivates from Yiddish?
2) If there was a time maschine, which card you would definetly do differently?
3) This is odd that i didnt know it, but what is your favourite mage to play?
4) When designing, are you looking out of the window, listing trough comicbooks, watching anime, read fantasy books, listening to heavy metal...?
5) What is your favourite art work (not a card) in mage wars?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 03:23:23 PM »
Any ideas floating around the Arcane Wonders design team on a Blood Mage for a future Mage Wars expansion? :D
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
Any ideas floating around the Arcane Wonders design team on a Blood Mage for a future Mage Wars expansion? :D

Story time with Aaron

When I first started working on playtesting Mage Wars, I thought I'd found a great new Idea. I wanted to make a Geomancer. A Mage of the land who would manipulate the zones he's in. Sounded really cool at the time. So I told Bryan about it. He was excited, and told me it sounded awesome. Then he told me he'd have to check his file cabinet to see what they already had on it. That was when I found out that Bryan has a file cabinet full of mage ideas and proposals he's saved over the five years developing Mage Wars.

All of that to say, I'm sure we do. In fact I have a couple ideas of my own on that subject. Now as far as our next few Mages, no I don't see any sort of "sanguimancer" making it, not yet. But I'm sure we'll get to something like that.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 03:35:58 PM »
That works for me. I'm satisfied :)

ManofMagic

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "You Shall Not Pass!!" - Gandalf the Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 05:43:34 PM »
1. Maybe you could talk about how the Archmage expansion might work.
2. What is your favorite mage?
3. What is your favorite upcoming mage?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 06:19:30 PM »

Story time with Aaron

When I first started working on playtesting Mage Wars, I thought I'd found a great new Idea. I wanted to make a Geomancer. A Mage of the land who would manipulate the zones he's in. Sounded really cool at the time. So I told Bryan about it. He was excited, and told me it sounded awesome. Then he told me he'd have to check his file cabinet to see what they already had on it. That was when I found out that Bryan has a file cabinet full of mage ideas and proposals he's saved over the five years developing Mage Wars.

All of that to say, I'm sure we do. In fact I have a couple ideas of my own on that subject. Now as far as our next few Mages, no I don't see any sort of "sanguimancer" making it, not yet. But I'm sure we'll get to something like that.

I remember when you guys were first discussing the possiblity of some sort of mermish/seaperson sort of mage and you had said you weren't sure what to call it, and I suggested calling it a siren and pulled up the relevant wikipedia page.

And I was one of the first people to post an idea for a blood mage in the fan card section, which I had named "Sanguimancer".

We should totally have a guess the name of that mage contest. I would love that.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Nareus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 08:03:33 PM »
1. How exactly is the cape guy from the last livechat immune to attack spells?
2. Can the holy dragon shoot beams of light from it's mouth?
3. Does the holy dragon serve one of the holy gods?
4. Why is it that dragons are of many schools when (if I'm correct) they were made by the air elemental lord?
5. Were the elemental lords the only old gods?
6. Does anything live in Voltari?
 I know that's a lot of questions, but I really want to know more about ancient Etheria. Thanks for livechatting Aaron ;D.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Evil is not necessary for good to exist. However, good is necessary for evil to exist, as all that is evil is a corruption of that which is good.

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 09:49:26 AM »
Hi there!
a couple of questions:
How is the card dessign process? which steps do you take? do you have a master mathematical formula to which you compare each card to know where it complies with average values or something similar?
How is the play-testing process? who intervenes in the play testing? which roles do you value the most? how do playtesters share their feedback with you? how do you evaluate it? who makes the decisions after playtesting? is there a magical tribunal for that? ;)
Thanks!

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »
Will future academy expansions feature only the "apprentice" versions of already released arena mages or will academy eventually introduce new mage concepts that arena has yet to explore? I assume arena gets the new mages first but I'm just curious. Thanks

gdieckhaus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 12:41:11 PM »
Other card games have the concept of a block format.. where just the latest sets are used in a "standard" tournament game.  Do you ever see Mage Wars doing something simialer where certain cards are "core" Other cards would then rotate out... so a powerful card like lets say "wizards tower" would eventually be rotated out?

'House
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 01:02:17 PM »

Other card games have the concept of a block format.. where just the latest sets are used in a "standard" tournament game.  Do you ever see Mage Wars doing something simialer where certain cards are "core" Other cards would then rotate out... so a powerful card like lets say "wizards tower" would eventually be rotated out?

'House

Mage Wars block formats
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15270

I suspect there aren't quite enough sets yet for this to catch on.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 07:58:27 PM »
Alright guys we are gonna be startin in 5!

Check us out on the stream! -----> https://gaming.youtube.com/c/ArcaneDuelsOfficial/live
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 04:33:21 AM »
Wasn't able to see it last night. When will it be posted?

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 10:59:28 AM »
It should be released Tomorrow!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest