Mage Wars > Spellbook Design and Construction

Version 2.0 Straywood

<< < (2/2)

farkas1:
The faith healer staff is interesting choice,  if I had the option over which one to use I would go with emerald elk staff to save on the spellbook points. I have done both before and it is a pretty sweet combo being able to possibly heal 4 damage among 2 creatures a round. Fire and ice wand is also interesting not sure the value.  You could just punch with 4 dice with some good effectiveness. 

With each wand and no increase in mana ur mana maybe tight. 

Attack spells and other maybe weekneases in the book

Your pretty vulnerable to a forcemaster and or anything that would run incorporeal creatures or conjurations.  Suggestion maybe force hammer, or divine might.
I also would swap out a hurl rock for one more surging wave. 

No etherian life tree, it could be useful against necro and the idol of pestilence which is going to be one of your biggest counters against this type of book

DaveW:
My personal preferences:

I understand the idea of having Slavorg in this book, but I have to say that when I put together a book with a number of smaller animals and Slavorg, I never felt like I had him out long enough, and so many other creatures died before having him out that he had too little support. It might just be the way that I played... I don't know... just sharing my experiences with him. I tend to leave him out in these kinds of books now.

You might want to put in a swarm or two... they are great for getting past armor. The Lifetree, mentioned earlier, would be especially important if you had them.

I would rather have a Rock and a Boulder than three Rocks. Also, I might turn one of the Minor Heals into two Mends or a Group Mend or somesuch... or turn them into a Heal, if both are intended for use on the BM. I get the mana efficiency, but you get more healing in a single action... just my preference.

Arkdeniz:

--- Quote from: farkas1 on March 05, 2019, 09:26:14 PM ---Your pretty vulnerable to a forcemaster and or anything that would run incorporeal creatures or conjurations.  Suggestion maybe force hammer, or divine might.

--- End quote ---

Having recently used a combination of Whirling Spirits and Poison Gas to beat down a Beastmaster that had no Ethereal attacks, I second this comment. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version