Mage Wars > Spellbook Design and Construction

Freezing Wind - New Wizard with New Cards

<< < (2/2)

DaveW:

--- Quote from: wtcannonjr on January 23, 2019, 06:13:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: DaveW on January 22, 2019, 09:28:37 PM ---I tried playing with Twister and was pretty disappointed. It doesn't do as much damage and effects as I would like, and attacks the caster unlike Electrify. If you are dead set on using Twister, I'd put in a Wind Wyvern Hide to reduce the effect. Alternately, put in Sandstorm instead... one more SBP cost, but it is the only range 2 zone attack that I'm aware of... and has a pretty decent attack bar.

--- End quote ---
Did you combine it with the Gale Force Ring?

--- End quote ---

Yes, the air spells mostly were Gale Force Ring, Twister, Sandstorm, WW Hide, Whirling Spirit, a few Jet Streams and some other things... a bit of position control.

drmambo23:
I dont have the gale force ring in here because there are really no wind effects for me to utilize.  90% of the wind spells come out of the tower.  I like the idea of sandstorm, especially since it is range 0-2, I never payed attention to the range, just assumed it was 0-0.

Twister is nice in that it inactivates minor creatures and that is why it is in here.  I took the wyvern hide out of this book.  Having the wind -3 for twister wasnt that great because there is non effect to try and avoid and I would rather use my quick action to do something else then cast that armor. That being said, +2 armor is better than no armor, regardless, but I am ok without having it.

I will make some points for sandstorm, though.  The range 0-2 is pretty sweet.

DaveW:
Yeah, I didn't have a tower in my book... if I had, I would have not included the Gale Force Ring. I put in a couple of walls (Thorns, Poison Gas) and wanted to have a 2+ push on my Jet Streams, which is why the ring was really in there.

Jbuzzsaw79:
Nice book I have one with siren using new ice spells, made my wife happy since reminds he of frozen movie from Disney, then she plays more often which makes me happy.

Kelanen:

--- Quote from: drmambo23 on January 22, 2019, 08:12:35 AM ---typically I like to T1: mana shard and battle forge (in the same zone) this gives me the flexibility of having extra channeling depending on the match up or to give the battle forge extra mana if I am going to be rushed and need gear

--- End quote ---

You realise those outcomes are identical? You ALWAYS put the mana on the mage where you can. The Forge gets supplemented with additional mana from the mage anyway, but you get more flexibility.

There is a theoretical edge case against mana denial, but even then, if you get to the point of so little mana where it makes a difference you have already lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version