Mage Wars > Spellbook Design and Construction

make spellbook building faster

(1/3) > >>

souerdiane:
Hello,

First of all, I am a newbie at MW (arena).

One thing that i hate about spellbook constuction is that when building spellbooks from scratch and when i remove some cards and replace them by another ones, i have to recalculate the spellbook points again every time and it's very easy to make a mistakes when doing calculations so you have to recalculate to check you didn't make mistakes...

How do you deal with this ? Is there a way to optimize spellbook points check ?  I know there are some app to use on the laptop (spell book online builders, OCTGN deckbuilder) ? But what do you do when you don't have your laptop with you ? Do you use some math tricks when calculating spellbooks points ? :P

Thanks.
souerdiane

Puddnhead:
I put my cards in groups of 10 or 20 sbps.  I can sort them into types when I put them in the book.

silverclawgrizzly:
Also the more you do it the easier and faster it becomes.

iNano78:
When I take spells out, I put them in a little pile. Then I either (a) make a pile of spells I want to put in, and compare the sbp's of the two piles, or (b) cancel out an equal number of sbp's from the outgoing and incoming spells. But when I (think I) am done, I still re-count the whole spell book, and sometimes discover I'm out by a point or two due to making a mistake. But I try to only do this count at the end, rather than over and over with each addition/removal.

Iudicium86:
I use my own spreadsheet I made. I do the math myself per-card when I add it, it's not hard to input 1,2,3,4,etc in the points column for the card :P, but the spreadsheet does the total for me on the fly for whole book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version