May 02, 2024, 01:50:17 AM

Author Topic: a little clarification  (Read 2925 times)

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
a little clarification
« on: May 27, 2017, 01:21:03 AM »
Can the community get a full disclosure for why new cards can't be added to the website spell book builder.  It's getting increasingly harder to critique books posted to the forum.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: a little clarification
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 08:35:05 AM »
This has been answered several times. The spellbook builder was designed by a third party who is no longer wotking with arcane wonders. It won't be updated until another developer is found, and they may have to build a new one from scratch.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 08:44:31 AM »
This has been answered several times. The spellbook builder was designed by a third party who is no longer wotking with arcane wonders. It won't be updated until another developer is found, and they may have to build a new one from scratch.
Why would they need to build a new one from scratch? Do they not have the code for the current one? Shouldn't the 3rd party developer who made it have given them that code before they stopped working with AW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »
Why would they need to build a new one from scratch? Do they not have the code for the current one? Shouldn't the 3rd party developer who made it have given them that code before they stopped working with AW?
It depends on the nature of the contract between AW and the 3rd party developer. A licensing arrangement might leave the code the property of the developer, while AW would pay a fee for its use.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 12:43:14 PM »
The solution is to use www.spellbookbuilder.com instead - a fan made spellbookbuilder that it up to date and working like a charm.

But I have to say it is a shame that the official one and the official app are left alone like they are.
No warning if you buy the app that it is not really useable anymore. The official spellbookbuilder is still linked and no visible effort is taken to change those problems with such crucial things for such  a complex game. At least both those non usable builders should be erased from the web!

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 01:07:50 PM »

Thanks for the answer.

That's pretty good news.  It's always easier to fix a problem when you know where to start.  I guess it's just a matter of time.

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock