May 01, 2024, 09:21:52 PM

Author Topic: Academy mage-release order  (Read 13700 times)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Academy mage-release order
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 02:52:35 PM »
Is there somewhere an overview of upcoming products and estimated release dates ?

First time I hear of Lost Grimoire ... can't find anything regarding upcoming products and release schedule.

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15300.0
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=16475.msg63754#msg63754
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=16146.msg59278#msg59278
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2016, 02:55:36 PM »
I wish that next academy mage would be Warlord. Oh how much i want to have good goblin swarm :)

Try running goblins in Domination with [mwcard=MWBG1C04]this guy[/mwcard].  Elusive goblins are pretty amazing in a format that's pretty much all about guarding and/or being elusive!

I just noticed Slaknir's "goblin force push" ability is technically a ranged attack, which means he could even do it over a wall that blocks LoS via [mwcard=FWJ02]Archer's Watchtower[/mwcard] (Indirect).

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2016, 04:58:27 PM »
I wonder though, will there be Academy sized spellbook packs or something? It seems these mage expansions for Academy don't include a 40-pocket sized spell book with designs to match the theme of the mage. Far as it looks, there is only going to be the core set's Beastmaster and Wizard's books to use.

Sure, we could use spare Arena spellbooks, but those are huge 80 pocket books. Wasted space compared to the Academy sized books.

Would love more of the Academy 40-pocket design options in spellbooks sometime.

Personally, I would prefer only the cards and save on the cost of the spellbook. They could sell a pack of 2 books for those who want them.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2016, 07:39:45 PM »
agreed on the book part.

Try running goblins in Domination with [mwcard=MWBG1C04]this guy[/mwcard].  Elusive goblins are pretty amazing in a format that's pretty much all about guarding and/or being elusive!

I just noticed Slaknir's "goblin force push" ability is technically a ranged attack, which means he could even do it over a wall that blocks LoS via [mwcard=FWJ02]Archer's Watchtower[/mwcard] (Indirect).

I have tried to use him already, but I just never find the mana to cast him since swarm strategies are always mana drained. A goblin swarm seems to gain more with [mwcard=FWJ03]Barracks[/mwcard] [mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ04]Armory[/mwcard]. Especially the armor is a big help for weak goblins. I love the idea to use him, so I'm far from giving up on slaknir.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:29:46 AM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2016, 08:31:32 PM »
Maybe use fewer goblins and no barracks? The academy enchantments could let you beef up 2 or 3 goblins
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 05:28:13 AM »
I was mistaken, I meant an [mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ04]Armory[/mwcard]
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.