May 01, 2024, 10:45:44 PM

Author Topic: 4th Edition Box Set  (Read 3388 times)

qaz_azaran

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
4th Edition Box Set
« on: December 21, 2014, 02:32:51 PM »
I need to get a 2nd Mage Wars core set for 3-4 player games and I'm not sure whether I should snap one up before the 4th edition comes out or not.

I see that the box for the 4th edition box set is going to be 12 x 12 and I'm wondering if the game board is going to be the same size and just folded differently or if it's a different size.  Are there actually new cards in the new set or just different quantities of the current cards with some different artwork?

Also, just a note, I would love it if there was a version of the core set put out specifically for those who are buying a 2nd one with different spell books and differently colored counters so that those don't need to be purchased separately.  I see that there are new spell books in the new set, but it looks like the action counters are all the same colors so even if I wait and get the new boxed set I'll still need to but different colored counters.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: 4th Edition Box Set
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »
The board is the same size, just folded differently. There are no new cards in this printing. Some of the quantities are increased and the art changed, though.

Mrmt

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 05:39:39 AM »
The board is the same size, just folded differently. There are no new cards in this printing. Some of the quantities are increased and the art changed, though.

I assumed the new printing would contain the updated text or errata'd cards... Is this not the case?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 07:49:50 AM »
Yes, all of the most current wordings are used.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 08:29:39 AM »
It is actually a great idea if the action markers could be in a unique color. No extra cost and it would be a good argument buying a second base set.