May 16, 2024, 11:08:57 PM

Author Topic: I just played a proper Mage Wars match on-line versus a real opponent  (Read 22487 times)

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: I just played a proper Mage Wars match on-line versus a real opponent
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »
Hey Cosworth.

My agreement with the previous post was ref the idea that your on line effort is great, NOT the issue with mana counting.

I actually prefer the mana to be done manually.

I use the automatic phase option, but you might want to highlight how it works and how to use it in your notes. It seemed a bit weird at first. Once I understood how it worked, it was very helpful.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »

Hey Cosworth, will the OCTGN system work with a MAC?

Cosworth

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 02:06:05 PM »
Mac is not an option as far as I know, but I'm no apple expert

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »
is the platform smart enough to know if you have a ring that reduces mana for subtype mana/metamagic etc it can reducede mana used by 1.

or when you play a card a pop up comes (with +- next to it) displaying recommended mana and a [pay] button which will reduce your mana. you adjust the cost before you pay.

I found it isn't that people find it hard or cheat, they just forget to pay mana because it is small and off the board. and the font colour of the other mages mana mages it hard to see it as well.
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

Cosworth

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 01:01:43 AM »
is the platform smart enough to know if you have a ring that reduces mana for subtype mana/metamagic etc it can reducede mana used by 1.

It's getting there before long. Thanks to sIKE more data are entered into the system allowing me to automate more. Next release will include channeling for spawnpoints and familiars. It will also detect if Harmonize is in play on a card.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 06:43:06 AM »
I played this weekend, and in my opinion its a great program maybe 2 changes:

-In Planning phase: when you pick a card, your cards and oponent are in the same line, maybe one line for player one and another for player 2.

-When you finish your turn if you have some spell whithout use the program must put this cards back to your spell book.

I have another ideas but i think these are the most important. Thanks for all !!

Björn Stornämd

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »
Just had my first game on octgn and it worked nicely. Took 90 min with a patient opponent who thought me how to do all the little things.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2013, 03:49:42 AM »
Just had my first game on octgn and it worked nicely. Took 90 min with a patient opponent who thought me how to do all the little things.

Yup. I have found all the OCTGN players to be very courteous.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 02:27:55 AM »
I must agree, my first oponent/mentor have a great patience with me :) only think i fully regret is that i was not able to finish our game :(

Big thx to OCTGN guys for their work! And for Sike too :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

karlomarco

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 12:57:45 AM »
Let's get a group together on OCTGN! Seems like a great way to strengthen the community and play with a greater variety of people.

My OCTGN username is karlomarco. I'm loggef in right now and am waiting for an opponent!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 05:28:47 PM »
I think you spelled your own username wrong or something. There is no karlomarco on the list of OCTGN users on the community chat. Also, I'm on OCTGN right now if anyone wants to help me test my new spellbook build that I hope to be the first one I build in real life. My username is Henry_Ketchup.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:30:30 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.