May 03, 2024, 11:34:38 AM

Author Topic: MAGE ROARS ROUND 1 PAIRINGS AND BOOKS!  (Read 23524 times)

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: MAGE ROARS ROUND 1 PAIRINGS AND BOOKS!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 01:17:47 PM »
yeah i agree its all for fun. But it seams almost everybody missunderstood, it is fine to know the book, but it feels differently. But by knowing for what you have to save dissolve/dispel is a key component and I would also try to keep more options in the book if i know that it will be posted, so it is harder to read.

I am glad for the tourney and could still play it, but it is just on a total different level, and i have the feeling that in certain ways it helps or does not help certain mages.

I suggest that if we want to change anything: first agree íf we have open spellbooks (like now) or normal [Or the Dude decides, I'm also fine with that] and than we have one week to make first book again and random matchup again.

But of course the Dude should decide all, thats best it is his tourney

@ Dude: still thanks for all

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 01:26:40 PM »

Ok, seriously, everyone listen up. EVERYONE needs to chill out. It seems there has been a miscommunication. That doesn't mean attacking theDude (Sailor, your post comes off that way) is a good move. He's put his time and effort into creating a fun round-robin style tournament. Just because some people (myself included) misunderstood what he meant when he said he'd post the books (the misunderstanding seems to be in the timing of said event) doesn't mean it can't still be fun and can't be worked around. Instead of blaming theDude, let's open up a dialog here and see how we can fix the issue.

I, personally, have no problem with my opponent knowing my book ahead of time. That seems to be a minority opinion. I personally feel that it's possible to both have fun and have a competitive game in the current setup. That opens up the question though, if theDude is willing to change it to go through a neutral party, do we want to do so?

I don't really see how that looks like an attack, since I said nothing ad hominem. I'm sorry if it was taken that way.

You had said he sabotaged you with no warning and that was not cool. I'm not saying that your statement isn't factual, but it does make the entire post seem to have a very aggressive tone. I understand completely where Sharkbait is coming from, as I would have assumed an attack as well.

In the end, we just need to halt the escalation. I know that you're not trying to be vicious or attacking, but it's easy to see that in the post.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
MAGE ROARS ROUND 1 PAIRINGS AND BOOKS!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 01:41:28 PM »

Ok, seriously, everyone listen up. EVERYONE needs to chill out. It seems there has been a miscommunication. That doesn't mean attacking theDude (Sailor, your post comes off that way) is a good move. He's put his time and effort into creating a fun round-robin style tournament. Just because some people (myself included) misunderstood what he meant when he said he'd post the books (the misunderstanding seems to be in the timing of said event) doesn't mean it can't still be fun and can't be worked around. Instead of blaming theDude, let's open up a dialog here and see how we can fix the issue.

I, personally, have no problem with my opponent knowing my book ahead of time. That seems to be a minority opinion. I personally feel that it's possible to both have fun and have a competitive game in the current setup. That opens up the question though, if theDude is willing to change it to go through a neutral party, do we want to do so?

I don't really see how that looks like an attack, since I said nothing ad hominem. I'm sorry if it was taken that way.

You had said he sabotaged you with no warning and that was not cool. I'm not saying that your statement isn't factual, but it does make the entire post seem to have a very aggressive tone. I understand completely where Sharkbait is coming from, as I would have assumed an attack as well.

In the end, we just need to halt the escalation. I know that you're not trying to be vicious or attacking, but it's easy to see that in the post.

I just looked up the definition of sabotage and found out that it implies intent. Did not mean it that way at all, I know it wasn't intentional on the Dude's part and I didn't mean to offend. I had no idea that it sounded aggressive. Sorry Dude.

Thank you for catching that Laddinfance, I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:52:32 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 02:01:25 PM »
No problem. We're all trying to get along here, and we're bound to have some miscommunication. One thing I've always loved about the forums is that we always try to sort this stuff out. :)

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 02:25:50 PM »

Hey, no worries. I just wanted you to be aware of how it came off. Lots of problems end up due to a miscommunication more often than an intentional attack/insult/whatever. This community actually does a pretty good job of resolving these issues, which is awesome

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:29:10 PM by SharkBait »
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 02:28:43 PM »
Cool, now that we're on the same page, we should definitely resolve the situation.

Some people spent a lot of time and effort on making a unique deck (Hale :P) and it would be a shame if that was spoiled due to misunderstanding/communication. RingKichard, as usual, has stepped up like the hero he is and offered to be a cooridinator for our books. The two obvious solutions in front of us are:

1. rebuild books and resubmit them to a cooridinator to make things fair.
2. Keep things as they are, and just not release books ahead of time in the future.

If there are other solutions please let us know :)
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 04:58:55 PM »
Cool, now that we're on the same page, we should definitely resolve the situation.

Some people spent a lot of time and effort on making a unique deck (Hale :P) and it would be a shame if that was spoiled due to misunderstanding/communication. RingKichard, as usual, has stepped up like the hero he is and offered to be a cooridinator for our books. The two obvious solutions in front of us are:

1. rebuild books and resubmit them to a cooridinator to make things fair.
2. Keep things as they are, and just not release books ahead of time in the future.

If there are other solutions please let us know :)

Just go for option 2. It's a shame but no disaster. mistakes happen, and I understand why the Dude made this one. I hope I can try my forcemaster on a few players that don't read this forum ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 05:12:19 PM »
When i get home from work i will be removing those books from the post and in the future, I will post the books after all matches are finished. I misunderstood what the players wanted, and i do apologize for that. If any players want to resubmit a different book, i will give them until tomorrow at 9:30 pm est to do so. Again, i do apologize for all the confusion, it was not my intent to anger or upset anyone, only to create a fun, enjoyable environment which we can game in.
Always carry a towel...

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 12:39:32 AM »
Oh boy, I am so sorry Dude for having caused this misunderstanding. :( Please do accept my apologies.

Thanks for doing this! I hope we can just enjoy some fun matches.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »
I don't think resubmitting a new deck is enough here. I only have this one Warlord Deck I want to use. Either I play with this deck that my opponent knows already or I change the deck, but every change would only weaken my playstyle .. and why would I want that?
I think it would be best to randomize the mages and pairings for round 1 once more.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2015, 09:31:25 AM »
The idea of this, again, was to have fun. No player seems to agree with the decisions made here, which I can understand. I don't want to start any arguments or damage anyone's play style anymore, so regretfully, I am cancelling this league for the time being. Thank you to those of you excited at what this league was, but nothing so far has gone in a positive direction, and I don't want to continue that trend. To those of you who felt wronged, i apologize for any inadvertent harm I have caused.
Always carry a towel...

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 10:38:34 AM »
Hey dude,

Just wanted to thank you for creating such an awesome event. I think it's a great idea and I really want to see it happen. I truly think there is some solution we can come up with to let this event move forward. Are you still interested in running it? Hope to see you in the Arena
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 12:16:14 PM »
I am still totally in this league. How long have the books been publicly available? Did anybody seriously copy them and/or more than glance over the lists?

I believe we can just continue as planned and schedule the first round matches.

I was so looking forward to this league and would hate to see this cancelled. Please Dude give this another shot!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 12:22:25 PM »
maybe let the first round count as a tie-breaker instead of a full point?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »
I'm sad to see how this turned out. I understand that people are frustrated that their decks got exposed, I was caught by suprise by it too, but give the guy a break! He's organizing this whole event by himself and I can see the logic in posting the decks so no one went outside the rules of the tournament.

I'd say the best solution would be to push forward the entire league by one week if the Dude still wants to run it. This league was a great idea and I love that there's no Wizzards and that I've to plan for upcomming matches!

I suggest that if we do run the league just keep the same partners and construct new decks, if you feel the need to do so. I can honestly say I didn't remember anything about anyones deck!

For the question about the decks and keeping them legal I sugggest this solution:
To make sure everyone is using legal decks it should be easy to keep track on your own? No promos, 120SB points. And If someone is caught running with illegal cards they'll have to forefeit the match or something?

Players could just submit the decks and the result after the game has been played?

All the info you would need is to know who you are going to play and what mages that person has already played.
Could keep that info in the first post like this:

Player name
Warlord                Win
Druid                   Loss
Beastmaster        Aviable
Necro                  Aviable

Anyway just my thoughts on the matter :P
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:03:27 PM by Drefan »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan