May 03, 2024, 12:01:47 AM

Author Topic: The Promo Debate  (Read 18781 times)

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Promo Debate
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2014, 07:48:46 AM »
That's why i'm looking forward to any new expansion and hope promo cards will be released soon as normal cards, when ever they fit in the theme of the expansion.
I definitely agree.  I barely even know what Battlegrounds is yet, and I'm still impatient for it.  My stance is just that, if promo cards are used competitively, they should be available to everyone equally.  That's all. 

An Halberd doesnt allow you to Reach the sky ;)
Talos' halberd does.  Although I have no idea how tall the statue is supposed to be...  ;)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »
An Halberd doesnt allow you to Reach the sky ;)
Talos' halberd does.  Although I have no idea how tall the statue is supposed to be...  ;)

Grande.

But seriously I always imagined something like the Colossus of Rhodes.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2014, 08:44:12 AM »
Why are we still debating how allowing/prohibiting promo cards in tournaments will impact the metagame when we can find out fairly easily? Just try it both ways and compare.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »
Set a straw man up and knock it down. This has never been controversial. In sanctioned tournaments, only officially released cards are allowed. Has been like this since 2012 and not one post here to ever complain about this being the rule. i.e. no debate.

I am not sure who you play with but it is a big debate in my area. I came here asking for advice and it was a big debate on here too. How is me identifying that and recommending a constructive solution in any way interpreted as a straw-man argument? You would have to be blind not to see the debate happening in this thread.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2014, 06:22:33 PM »
Set a straw man up and knock it down. This has never been controversial. In sanctioned tournaments, only officially released cards are allowed. Has been like this since 2012 and not one post here to ever complain about this being the rule. i.e. no debate.

I am not sure who you play with but it is a big debate in my area. I came here asking for advice and it was a big debate on here too. How is me identifying that and recommending a constructive solution in any way interpreted as a straw-man argument? You would have to be blind not to see the debate happening in this thread.
It might of been a hot discussion of topic in your area but it has been settled here for the longest. Now opening up topic such as this will always invite others thoughts, but still doesn't make it a big debate "here" as you suggested. I personally love playing with Promo's and think they add spice to game.

Not trying impugn your integrity at all these are just my thoughts....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest