May 10, 2024, 12:58:48 AM

Author Topic: Lost Grimoire v1 SPOILERS  (Read 23508 times)

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Grimoire v1 SPOILERS
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 05:18:31 PM »
I'm hoping for Summoning Circle.

I thought the consensus with Summoning Circle was that Teleport is almost always better (and certainly more versatile)... Although I guess if you're walled in, you could Enchantment Transfuse a Summoning Circle over a wall via a flying creature, or something like that.
Main advantage of the Circle is that You can use it few times and pay only once.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 07:04:01 PM »
The best use for Summoning Circle disappeared when Earth Wizards died unfortunately.

Summoning Circle costs the same as a teleport:2 the first time, but comes a round earlier, and gives them a chance to move away. It's worse that first cast, but it is resuseable. It's not great, but is occasionally useful.

The biggest downside is honestly that it doesn't work with spawnpoints, in the school with the best creature spawnpoint in the game. If it were printed to work with them, then it would be a good card.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 09:00:50 PM »
It's a more expensive [mwcard=FWJ04]Garrison Post[/mwcard] (except level 2  Arcane) that is easier to get rid of and doesn't work with a spawn point. Now, it's not [mwcard=MW1J06]Gate to Hell[/mwcard] bad, but in general I'd rather have a Teleport. However, I could see it getting played in Domination... except Domination already has [mwcard=MWBG1J03]V'Torrak Gate[/mwcard].
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:02:51 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 11:15:53 PM »
If the spend a Dispel on a summoning circle you've gotten yourself a small victory.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 04:12:58 AM »

I thought the consensus with Summoning Circle was that Teleport is almost always better (and certainly more versatile)... Although I guess if you're walled in, you could Enchantment Transfuse a Summoning Circle over a wall via a flying creature, or something like that.

A flying creature is not a legal target for summoning circle, so ET is no option.

It could be used as surprse. Fake a trap or let huginn cast it the right moment. Last action summon a problem to enemy mages zone with no chance to react. Can still be countered in first QC but can add pressure.
That would be 6 + casting cost and 1 main action + QC by huginn compared to casting cost + divine intervention for 12 and both actions by mage. The last is better for holy maybe, the first for wizard only.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 06:14:10 AM »
A few other uses are listed here - mainly as a rush tool (since enchantments have a range 0-2 rather than 0-1 for most conjurations that do something similar), or a way to Conquer a zone exclusive conjuration (since Garrison Post couldn't go there). http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=14548.msg41248#msg41248
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:15:57 AM by iNano78 »

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 07:35:28 AM »

A flying creature is not a legal target for summoning circle, so ET is no option.

It could be used as surprse. Fake a trap or let huginn cast it the right moment. Last action summon a problem to enemy mages zone with no chance to react. Can still be countered in first QC but can add pressure.
That would be 6 + casting cost and 1 main action + QC by huginn compared to casting cost + divine intervention for 12 and both actions by mage. The last is better for holy maybe, the first for wizard only.

Huginn can't cast enchantments...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 07:40:55 AM »
You sure right Vulcan!
To use summoning circle to conquer conjurations as mentioned in inanos linked post is neat.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 08:15:04 AM »
Huh, interesting to hear that Summoning Circle is regarded this way. It's always made me nervous.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 11:46:18 AM »
You sure right Vulcan!
To use summoning circle to conquer conjurations as mentioned in inanos linked post is neat.

Expensive though. Since warlord pays triple for arcane...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2016, 06:04:52 PM »
ב"ה
Spells that I hope to see in this Lost Grimoire expansion include-

* Acid Burst (cost 8, quick, range 0-2, attack spell, water 2)
Making a 4 dice ranged attack with: 1-2 corrode, 3-7 2 corrodes, 8+ 3 corrodes.

* Shapechange (cost X, quick, range 0-2, target friendly creature, incantation, nature 1)
Attach up to 3 revealed nature enchantments from your spellbook to the target. X= the sum of the enchantments casting costs plus the sum of the enchantments reveal cost plus the sum of the enchantments levels. If this spell is countered, return the enchantments to your spellbook. 

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 10:13:53 AM »
OK... So at least the English version of Paladin vs Siren is available retail and has arrived for pretty much anybody who has ordered it. So... when do the Lost Grimoire v1 card spoilers start?

8)

Personally, I wanna see some of these trampling dinosaurs...

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 10:44:22 AM »
There are no dinosaurs, but I think there is a Rhinoceros and an Elephant. I'll see if I can't get a spoiler up today, if that's possible.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 10:48:26 AM »
There are no dinosaurs, but I think there is a Rhinoceros and an Elephant.

Oh. I guess I was mislead by the product announcement stating that the expansion included a creature called "Titanodon" and that included the "Trample" keyword whereby they can deal damage by moving. Thought it sounded like a dinosaur.

I'll see if I can't get a spoiler up today, if that's possible.

Sweet!!

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 10:53:51 AM »
There are no dinosaurs, but I think there is a Rhinoceros and an Elephant.

Oh. I guess I was mislead by the product announcement stating that the expansion included a creature called "Titanodon" and that included the "Trample" keyword whereby they can deal damage by moving. Thought it sounded like a dinosaur.

I'll see if I can't get a spoiler up today, if that's possible.

Sweet!!

Titanodon is kinda like an Oliphant. Well you'll see when I post him later.