May 05, 2024, 10:46:22 AM

Author Topic: Force Push and Wall of Pikes  (Read 2344 times)

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Force Push and Wall of Pikes
« on: April 25, 2015, 02:13:56 PM »
Force Push
Target creature is Pushed 1 zone in the direction of your choice. This will not Push it through a wall with the Passage Attacks trait, unless you pay an additional 3 mana when this spell is cast.

I want to push a creature through a Wall of Pikes from the side, where no pikes will do any harm. How much mana do i have to pay?
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Force Push and Wall of Pikes
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 05:09:22 PM »
Quote from: Rulings and Clarifications
This wall is unusual in that it only attacks creatures who try to pass through from one direction. It attacks creatures passing through from the top side of the card (the side the pikes are pointing towards). It is considered to have the Passage Attacks trait only from that direction.

Whenever a card references "Pushing or passing through a wall with the Passage Attack trait", it only refers to the direction of Wall of Pikes which would attack the object. For example, when deciding if you should pay extra mana for Push effects like Force Push, Force Bash, and Force Wave, you need to only pay the extra mana if Pushing creatures through from the side which would attack them.

Creatures can move freely through Wall of Pikes from the other side. This side does not have the Passage Attacks or Passage Blocked trait.