May 18, 2024, 02:18:27 PM

Author Topic: Bim-Shalla and Poisoned Blood  (Read 7861 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Bim-Shalla and Poisoned Blood
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »
If I remember correctly you are not required to say that you wish to reveal.

Rather you could ask him if he wishes to reveal an enchantment. Once he passed this opportunity (assuming he has initiative) and you can either do nothing or reveal without him being able to respond until after you have revealed.

Since its fairly common to ask if somebody is revealing when casting an enchantment on something that has an enemy controlled 'face-down' I don't see much of a problem here.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 12:59:33 PM »
Yes, theorically, playing "by the book" it would be required to ask at every single step/phase if he wants to reveal something.
That I don't disagree with at all, what I have a problem with is him being able to respond to my reveal after I have stated that I wish to reveal. I thought that a reveal happened when you declared it, the end. I think I have only bumped into it once or twice the entire time I have been playing, this is one of those that doesn't make "magical sense" that the game is so game at over all, guess you can't have perfection though.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 01:11:24 PM »
This is because you would normally ask it everytime if he wants to reveal. Not just when you want to. That's why. So you could fake some reveal inquiry to prevent him to know when you really want tonreveal something or just do it the long and boring way (and he most likely shoot you in the face after 5 minutes), ask him ifnhe ant tonreveal at every steps lol.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »
The rules state that if both people want to reveal at the same time, the person with initiative gets to reveal first. Technically there is no "Declare Step" for revealing enchantments. The FAQ states you simply flip it over and it takes effect. However, there has to be some civilized method for which to determine if you both are wishing to reveal an enchantment. The most appropriate method is probably asking your opponent if they wish to reveal or pass priority to you, but many of my opponents do not do this and so instead I often interrupt them with the fact that I have initiative and wish to take advantage of my priority.

The main point though, is that your opponent does not get to see your Healing Charm before he reveals Poisoned Blood if he wishes to use the Poisoned Blood to stop the Healing Charm. He has to just guess and take a chance that that's what your enchantment is. Once Healing Charm has been revealed, it takes effect immediately.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 03:04:27 PM »
The rules state that if both people want to reveal at the same time, the person with initiative gets to reveal first. Technically there is no "Declare Step" for revealing enchantments. The FAQ states you simply flip it over and it takes effect. However, there has to be some civilized method for which to determine if you both are wishing to reveal an enchantment. The most appropriate method is probably asking your opponent if they wish to reveal or pass priority to you, but many of my opponents do not do this and so instead I often interrupt them with the fact that I have initiative and wish to take advantage of my priority.

The main point though, is that your opponent does not get to see your Healing Charm before he reveals Poisoned Blood if he wishes to use the Poisoned Blood to stop the Healing Charm. He has to just guess and take a chance that that's what your enchantment is. Once Healing Charm has been revealed, it takes effect immediately.
Ok then I am not that far off at all then, if they want we both want to reveal then Initiative goes first obviously, we are back to here:

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=14250.0
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 01:44:42 AM »
Everybody clear on how this works for enchantments?

Now back on topic HoB gain one life Ability can not be responded to. They gain one life has no steps involved so no player get a chance to reveal.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:49:57 AM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage