May 20, 2024, 09:40:16 PM

Author Topic: Conquer mecanic??  (Read 2784 times)

Saayuka

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Conquer mecanic??
« on: September 12, 2015, 11:21:46 PM »
Hello

I just ave a question about the second part of the card  ( Then, as a free action, you may immediately cast the destroyed conjusation, or a non-Terrain conjuation spell from your spellbook, tarfeting this zone. )

Do i need to pay a second time the mana cost if i keep the enemy conjuration?? do i need too spend casting cost a the conjuration i chose from my spellbook??

if someone know the anser le me know pls

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Conquer mecanic??
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 09:23:04 AM »
Moved this to the proper forum.

But to answer your question, yes you have to pay for the conjuration you decide to put out. This card lets you cast the spell, but you still have to follow the normal steps of casting, including paying for the spell.

Does that help?

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »
As Laddin mentioned, you have to pay both for the destruction and for the casting of the conjuration, regardless if you cast the same conjuration or a different one from your book. It is very similar to the spells [mwcard=FWI09]Steal Equipment[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1I27]Steal Enchantment[/mwcard]. These types of spell gives you an advantage in actions by allowing you to both destroy and cast an item in one go, but you don't get any advantage on mana. Conquest is a little more restrictive by requiring you to control the zone with a soldier, but then allows greater freedom in what you cast afterwards.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 01:12:13 PM »
Although it's not really a mana advantage linked to conquer; If you have a [mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ05]Construction Yard[/mwcard] out, you do have a mana advantage.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Saayuka

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 01:26:05 PM »
wow thx a lot,  :D :D