May 14, 2024, 06:51:13 AM

Author Topic: Siren book making!  (Read 2447 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Siren book making!
« on: January 11, 2017, 01:13:02 PM »
How have people been building there siren books? She seems a bit of a mystery to me.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Siren book making!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »
Book making is one thing, learning to do well with her is another.

Water and Psychic immunity will be a problem.

You could still have fun with Push and Pull.

Tsunami is still a bit of a mystery for me.

Trident is pretty powerfull as well.

Playing her more is on the list :)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 04:56:17 PM »
I have a book that works with somgs and sharks. Its pretty fun. I would assume pretty standard for her.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »
Yea running a book with two undead pirates and Naiya with some assistance with the other merren creatures.  I am a little concerned about having too many creatures in this book right now , but I feel it may be necessary tho to combat those that do have psychic and water immunity cards.  It's really tough to plan and build a book effectively with such a major weekness.  It seems like you have to plan for those major weeknesses if you want to do well with her.

I also have gator toughness and bull endurance to battle against her low life or I can throw it on Naiya it if I feel like she is Being targeted.  Unlike the Druid not being able to get the extra life  and life bond she does not have the flexibility yet to at least support those drawbacks. 

I will give w follow up report to see how the book does. 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 09:36:32 PM »
So I think the trick is too not over complicate things.  I currently have a pirate slash push pull from my shoalsdeep tide caller and harpooner.  Set up with Naiya running as some extra support.  Surprisingly I only used the merren units to really good use against a skeleton Necro.  It took litterally almost half of my spell book points away against non living units and my Sirens abilities, but it meant a straight forward setup of some coral reefs and bed of urchins.  Push pull from my merren, siren, and Naiya.  It worked really well killing Mort and a swarm of skeletons.  Very effective and that only used half of my book. So there is some really good value and combos to pull off.  Very fun.  Can't wait to try out against a more living creature based book tobe able to use her full potential. 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 02:14:05 AM »
For me it seems that every time I keep my Siren/creatures in the back and wait for the opponent to attack me I win, and everytime I go into the offence I lose.

I think you should really use the tidal effects.  :D Attack with the Siren when you have the initiative and save mana (with ring) and summon a creature (or something else) when the opponent has the initiative.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.