May 02, 2024, 04:41:49 AM

Author Topic: Fan made Mage art cards?  (Read 1675 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Fan made Mage art cards?
« on: October 06, 2015, 08:46:01 AM »
Will this ever be a thing? It would be really awesome if we could design the appearance of our own specific Mage characters. Since not all straywood beastmasters or priestesses of Asyra look the same, etc. And it would be a great opportunity for fans to show off their creativity and style. I imagine that an art card would have to be approved before being used in organized play. Since if it's inappropriate or looks crappy the game won't look as good.

Another idea is to have Mage art contests.

Will any such ideas ever be implemented in some way? I think it would be really cool!

Also I was surprised that no one else has made a thread about this. It has been mentioned many times in relation to other topics but no one has actually started a thread about this in particular.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: Fan made Mage art cards?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »
If I recall correctly, there is, in fact, an official procedure for playing non-standard art at the competitive level.

Something like:
1. The player with initiative reveals their art.
2. The other player(s) reveal their art.
3. The player with initiative reveals their mage rules card.
4. The other player(s) do the same.

I'll see if I can find it later if no one else does. I think it was designed for Conquest of Kumanjaro (spelling!?!) and we weren't quite sure how having alternate versions of the mages would work out. But the upshot of it was that there's at least some precident for using unusual art.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Fan made Mage art cards?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »
If I recall correctly, there is, in fact, an official procedure for playing non-standard art at the competitive level.

Something like:
1. The player with initiative reveals their art.
2. The other player(s) reveal their art.
3. The player with initiative reveals their mage rules card.
4. The other player(s) do the same.

I'll see if I can find it later if no one else does. I think it was designed for Conquest of Kumanjaro (spelling!?!) and we weren't quite sure how having alternate versions of the mages would work out. But the upshot of it was that there's at least some precident for using unusual art.

I'm not sure, but the intent might have been for matches between two (or more) players using the same mage.  If the initiative player chooses to use the fancy promo-art mage card, then the other player(s) might opt for the standard art mage card to avoid in-game confusion.  Making an official ruling eliminates any ambiguity for who gets dibs on the fancy art version.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster