May 15, 2024, 03:58:28 AM

Author Topic: Asking for a clarification of Teleport  (Read 2931 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Asking for a clarification of Teleport
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:48:30 AM »
Hello, when my friends teached me MW they said that you can use teleport to target a creature 0-2 zone away and you can teleport that creature all zones that you like while you have mana to spend, this is you can teleport yourself or a creature from corner to corner, this it´s true? My friends and I are wrong? thanks.

I ask this for a possible missunderstanding in a game yesterday. thanks.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Asking for a clarification of Teleport
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:59:24 AM »
This is a common mistake, but it is unfortunately incorrect. The tricky thing is the target bar at the top of the spell which says you must target the creature AND the zone that it will be getting teleported to. Therefore both targets must be within the 0-2 range. This means you can teleport yourself a maximum of 2 zones, and you can teleport any other creature a maximum of 4 zones, but it still must end up within 2 zones of your mage.

I've had to force myself into paying attention to the target bar on every spell I cast. T'was not an easy habit for me to form, but it can greatly affect what spells can and can not do.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Asking for a clarification of Teleport
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »
@Isel

This has been answered before. In fact you had asked this before.  :o
Several clarifications

This is the second time. Can you please run a search before asking a question.

Teleport clarification

Blue Gremlin and Teleport

TELEPORT

Teleport and LOS

It only Matters that the mage Has LoS to the Creature and the Destination Zone.  The Teleported creature could have three sides of its zone walled off, but there would stil be at least two other zones that would have a LoS to that Zone. The wizard casting Teleport would have to be in one of those zones to move that Creature.

Hedge

Spell : Teleport

Target creature must be within 0-2 zone away from the caster and in LOS. Target destination zone also be 0-2 zone away from the caster (not from targed creature) and also in LOS.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:31:00 AM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Asking for a clarification of Teleport
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 04:39:19 PM »
Since it has been askied so many times even via PM I am posting this here.This was just asked again... :o

- Can use teleport of my gremlin to pass through a wall?

Yes.
The teleport ability does not require LoS to use.

- Can i use teleport to go more than 2 zones far the caster?

Teleport has 2 targets one is the zone and the second is the creature you are teleporting.

- Can i teleport if i don´t see the zone for a wall?

It depends Teleport spell requires LoS. Teleport ability does not require LoS.

- teleport trap trigger with teleport?

Teleport Trap triggers anyway the creature enters the zone. Excluding summoning.

- Can i teleport a huge monster that its to the other face of a wall?
(torgorath) (maybe a rule in the future that if a monster have more than x life can see over walls for its size.

It depends Teleport spell requires LoS. Teleport ability does not require LoS.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage