Mage Wars > Mages

Alternate Necromancer

(1/12) > >>

silverclawgrizzly:
Yeah I figure we're a LONG way off from getting alternates to the Druid or Necromancer as they're fairly recent additions but I was thinking a little on it and this is what I pondered.

As there's a nation in Etheria that is Egyptian themed(I read it mentioned when they previewed Pharoahs Cheetah and those Kickstarter cards) wouldn't it be cool if we got a third option for the Necromancer to focus on: Mummies! Also since Egyptians did a lot of scientific work with alchemy and death sciences there'd be a wealth of stuff for an Egyptian themed Necromancer to tap into. Maybe a late game Sutekh appearance or something.

Plenty of material in fantasy works for mummy use as well obviously.

Lord0fWinter:

--- Quote from: silverclawgrizzly on May 31, 2014, 10:22:39 PM ---Yeah I figure we're a LONG way off from getting alternates to the Druid or Necromancer as they're fairly recent additions but I was thinking a little on it and this is what I pondered.

As there's a nation in Etheria that is Egyptian themed(I read it mentioned when they previewed Pharoahs Cheetah and those Kickstarter cards) wouldn't it be cool if we got a third option for the Necromancer to focus on: Mummies! Also since Egyptians did a lot of scientific work with alchemy and death sciences there'd be a wealth of stuff for an Egyptian themed Necromancer to tap into. Maybe a late game Sutekh appearance or something.

--- End quote ---

That would be pretty awesome. I hadn't thought about that. The lore of this game intrigues me though, I'm still hoping we get a book or something along those lines. The organized play stuff is great but it always leaves me wanting more.

They mentioned recently on FB that they were partnering with Dynamite, a comic book company, so those should be cool as well.

Back on topic though, I hope we see more of the Egyptian themed stuff. I'm sure we will since there's a whole nation dedicated to it. And since each nation seems to have at least one Mage associated with it (I believe that's the case), it's a safe bet there will be one for that nation as well. & the Alt Necromancer would make pretty good sense.

silverclawgrizzly:
I would be all over some Mage Wars comic books. But yeah some novels would be cool too.

Myrddin:

--- Quote from: silverclawgrizzly on May 31, 2014, 10:22:39 PM ---Yeah I figure we're a LONG way off from getting alternates to the Druid or Necromancer as they're fairly recent additions but I was thinking a little on it and this is what I pondered.

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't be surprised. Nice for the idea of a more 'religious' necromancer. He could work well with laying traps (to catch tomb robbers... except isn't he a tomb robber?)

Warhammer did a similar thing to this: traditional necromancers were vampires/mages leading zombies and skeletons, but the 'Tomb Kings' are the ancient Kings of Egypt  Khemri returned to take vengeance on those who thought that they could take the land just because everyone was dead.

echephron:
I like the idea. No poison affinity or eternal servant, so i dont know what kind of abilities she would have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version