May 14, 2024, 12:56:31 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Arena: Tower Defense!  (Read 3066 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Arena: Tower Defense!
« on: April 23, 2015, 07:41:43 AM »
Player 1 wants to protect their tower zone. They start with 20 mana, and they gain mana equal to the mana cost of every creature they destroy. When at least 12 combined levels worth of creatures have reached the tower zone, Player 1 loses.

Player 2 is trying to get at least 12 combined levels worth of creatures to enter the tower zone.

When player 2's creature enters the tower zone, it returns to their spellbook and they gain mana equal to that creature's mana cost. Player 2 loses when they run out of mana. They start with mana equal to their channeling stat times 10.

Neither mage can channel normally.
Mages have infinite life.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:29:37 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

rodriguekhalil

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Arena: Tower Defense!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:40:17 AM »

Interesting way to play.

Once the creatures of Player 2 are in, can they still be killed, pushed, teleported, etc.? Does player 2 need to keep them in?

If yes, then I guess player 1 is mainly going to throw Attack spells and traps.

Also, what do you mean by  "no rounds". Both players can play whenever they want? This might create a lot of confusion.

When is a wave over? When the 30 mana of player 2 are spent?

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 11:23:19 AM »

Interesting way to play.

Once the creatures of Player 2 are in, can they still be killed, pushed, teleported, etc.? Does player 2 need to keep them in?

If yes, then I guess player 1 is mainly going to throw Attack spells and traps.

Also, what do you mean by  "no rounds". Both players can play whenever they want? This might create a lot of confusion.

When is a wave over? When the 30 mana of player 2 are spent?

Yeah you're right. I had some ideas for how it would work, but it don't work out like I intended. I fixed it now. Thanks!
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

rodriguekhalil

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:50:41 AM »
I'm curious how you did it. I'd like to try that version. So how does a round/turn/action phase typically work?

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Arena: Tower Defense!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »
I've decided to make phases work the same as in the regular game. I've fixed the rules in the OP above.

rodriguekhalil

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 12:15:01 PM »

Yep, I like it better.

I'm assuming player 2 gets the mana when he destroys opponent creatures.

I suggest  this additionnal rule: The mages cannot be targeted by any attack or attack spell. This would solve the problem of them (Especially Mage 2) constantly guarding their creatures.

Where do the creatures enter play? Where would the player 1's tower zone be? I'm guessing they're both at the two opposing corners.

One last thing: Creatures cannot be teleported to or from the tower's zone.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:22:17 PM by rodriguekhalil »