May 06, 2024, 05:57:24 PM

Author Topic: Forged In Fire  (Read 381228 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Forged In Fire
« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2014, 04:38:51 PM »
Left side:

Brogan has a tough fight vs Thorg but comes out ahead as the better knight in shiny armor.

Redclaw feasts on Ludwig regardless of ludwig getting 1 tripple dip off or not.

Brogan beats redclaw with left arm only.

Adramelach burns Togorath to the ground without a sweat.

Iron Golem is confused and cant find his opponent... but he is standing on a dead fellaella

Iron Golem Pwns Adramelach (assuming it guards and counter strike all hits from adramelach.) and is still looking for a creature that can put up a fight.

Iron golems goes to final after washing floor with Brogan. Who is now a shiny Knight?

Right side:

Huginn cannot keep up with the speed of Tataree. A raven losing to a butterfly, thats embarrasing.

Krathalor who we assume will only take1 or 2 ranged attacks from Dead-eye which wont be enough for Dead eye to melee him down because he has regen 2 and 1 armor will get to face the cute butterfly.

Kralathor digests his nice sniper meal for 1337 rounds (read: chooses action do nothing), before he eats butterfly in 1 bite.

Valshalla eventually grinds Cervere down after landing a stun and a couple of dazes.

Invisible stalker eats Shaggo for breakfast.

Invisible stalker gets annihilated by Valshalla

Valshalla goes to final after an easy fight vs Krathalor whom we dont care have growth conditions or not.
Valshalla eventually comes out slightly ahead after a looong fight. (just 1 growth marker on Kralathor and he would have won big)

Iron Golem Vs Valshalla... how exciting :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:52:52 PM by jacksmack »

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
Iron Golem continues to guard against valshalla's relentless attacks! His counterstrikes are superb! A few of Valshalla's companions have been slain, increasing her power. But wait! What's this? It looks like a second Iron Golem has been summoned! This looks like a win for the Iron Golem, folks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
It depends if Shaggo had eaten before or not.

Also, Adramelech wouldnt be dumb enough to attack the Iron Golem guarding. So it would be a stalemate

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »
Also, Adramelech wouldnt be dumb enough to attack the Iron Golem guarding. So it would be a stalemate

Well...by that logic, Iron Golem v. Fellella would be a stalemate.

But wait! What's this? It looks like a second Iron Golem has been summoned! This looks like a win for the Iron Golem, folks!
This is hilarious, because it's so true.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:42:11 PM by ACG »

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2014, 05:44:41 PM »

But wait! What's this? It looks like a second Iron Golem has been summoned! This looks like a win for the Iron Golem, folks!

She would cast be protected by blocks and reverse attack ;) She would destroye Iron Golem.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »
Iron Golem continues to guard against valshalla's relentless attacks! His counterstrikes are superb! A few of Valshalla's companions have been slain, increasing her power. But wait! What's this? It looks like a second Iron Golem has been summoned! This looks like a win for the Iron Golem, folks!
This is an interesting match up, as the Iron Golems trait of Lightning +2 moves the chance to Daze down to a roll of 5 on the effect dice and a roll of 7 for a Stun. A string of several of good effect rolls could lose him the battle especially if getting Stunned after going on Defense (the Iron Golem had initiative) could result in long strings of Valshalla attacking with no return fire. Also she would be rolling 6 dice each time....I would think that the Angel just might have the luck of Malakai when it comes to rolling those dice....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2014, 06:22:45 PM »

She would cast be protected by blocks and reverse attack ;) She would destroye Iron Golem.

Wouldn't even need to bother.

Fellella does nothing for 6 rounds. She has flying and iron golem can not do anything about her.

Casts and reveals essence drain. Next upkeep iron golem has no mana to pay his upkeep so he goes bye bye

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2014, 06:32:45 PM »
On that same line of thought Fellella has this tournament  in the bag.

unless her opponent is fast and flying by default (which none of the competitors are) she can double move, out maneuver any opponent and until she saves up the mana for cheetah speed. Then she can win every match with enchantments.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »
On that same line of thought Fellella has this tournament  in the bag.

unless her opponent is fast and flying by default (which none of the competitors are) she can double move, out maneuver any opponent and until she saves up the mana for cheetah speed. Then she can win every match with enchantments.
It truly is a shame to accrue all of that mana and not have any spells to cast since she is not a mage.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

ChimpZilla

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2014, 07:11:54 PM »
Dwarf 'Lord's been spoiled on front page. H O T N E S S.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:20:32 PM by ProjectMayhem »

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2014, 07:15:25 AM »
Gief todays spoiler...

I need my speculations confirmed:

Amory:
Outpost
Warlord only
1 channeling

Once per round: As a quick action a friendly soldier in this zone may pay 3 mana to get a permanent +1 token of melee, ranged or armor.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2014, 07:45:13 AM »
Gief todays spoiler...

Amory:
Outpost
Warlord only
1 channeling

Once per round: As a quick action a friendly soldier in this zone may pay 3 mana to get a permanent +1 token of melee, ranged or armor.

You are one fourth correct.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2014, 07:58:19 AM »
Gief todays spoiler...

Amory:
Outpost
Warlord only
1 channeling

You are one fourth correct.

Give it to us already! I have feeling Armory is a very awesome card.

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »

Very useful outpost, supporting swarm strategies. I think this makes goblin grunt swarm a lot more viable; in general, global buffs tend to have disproportionate benefits for the cheaper creatures.

I also note that it suffers from the same misprint as [mwcard=MWSTX1CKJ02]Wizard's Tower[/mwcard]; the Unique trait should be in black text, not gray. Perhaps this can be fixed before shipping them out?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:50:25 AM by ACG »

Amadseer

• Official Lorekeeper of Etheria
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »
The grey print is actually not a misprint. Black is used for card traits in the arena, grey is used for spell book building traits.
-Amadseer

Which is to say, that there are many diverse and interesting things in the world, none of which are comparable to the might and power of the Arraxian Crown. Those who would trifle with the power of Warlocks must forever learn this fundamental truth.

Amadseer is a Wizard of Sortilege, driven by Dark-compulsion to wander the land, following a string of highly humiliating Seeking Dispels (and accompanying jeers) that he successfully cast in a public duel with the Warlock Telas Vane. Now, unable to help himself, he writes of his travels wherever he goes, the creatures he encounters, and the lore with which he comes into contact. Such is the nature of his compulsion that he must publish all of his missives, and end each work with a short paragraph singing praises to the Arraxian Crown, and warning all about the follies of underestimating a Warlock.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:17:07 AM by Amadseer »