May 06, 2024, 07:19:45 AM

Author Topic: Forged In Fire  (Read 381205 times)

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Forged In Fire
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2014, 01:15:35 PM »
That easy access to corrode is going to help swarm builds tremendously.

Dr.Cornelius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2014, 02:58:04 AM »
Let the Archmage have the dragons...

It will be a fantastic gaming experience to take a team of mages and defeat the Archmage with her dragons.
I would love to see Dragons as Mages.   Perhaps as a standalone but fully compatible companion game with slightly different mechanics.  For example, Mage Wars is to <new dragon game> as Warmachine is to Hordes.  Each game has a group of principals who share a common set of mechanics, and the games can be freely combined.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2014, 08:23:12 AM »
@Laddinfance I won't ask for a preview today, but I would like an information instead. Will the Skeletal Sentry be errated to have soldier subtype?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2014, 08:36:34 AM »
@Laddinfance I won't ask for a preview today, but I would like an information instead. Will the Skeletal Sentry be errated to have soldier subtype?

Right now there was not a plan to add the soldier subtype to the Skeletal Sentry. That could change, but at the moment we were not going to.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:07 AM »

Right now there was not a plan to add the soldier subtype to the Skeletal Sentry. That could change, but at the moment we were not going to.

Why? :(

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2014, 08:56:15 AM »
We didn't want to errata the Sentry as we did not feel that being a soldier was integral to the Necromancer's playstyle. Unlike Tanglevine, which both logically and mechanically needed to be a vine to perform as we intended. I am taking a second look at the Sentry, but I won't promise anything.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2014, 09:00:04 AM »
It is not integral to Necromancer, but it is to Warlord. Rigth now I am playing a Skeleton army with my Warlord and it is very fun, but lacking a lvl 2 undead soldier is a bit painful. Also thematically, it doesnt sound right that Skeletal Minion is a soldier while Sentry is not.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2014, 11:20:17 AM »

Let the Archmage have the dragons...

It will be a fantastic gaming experience to take a team of mages and defeat the Archmage with her dragons.
I would love to see Dragons as Mages.   Perhaps as a standalone but fully compatible companion game with slightly different mechanics.  For example, Mage Wars is to <new dragon game> as Warmachine is to Hordes.  Each game has a group of principals who share a common set of mechanics, and the games can be freely combined.

I think it would be cool if there were some high stat creatures that someone could play as instead of a mage, which would fight using its powerful abilities instead of spell casting. For instance, a Giant would have innate mage bind, would always occupy two zones simultaneously, and would have a powerful melee attack.

The kind of dragon for this mode of play could probably have vampiress like flying ability (since it's big and heavy so can only fly for short stretches of time), a ranged breath attack, the ability to recover by resting, and perhaps the ability to lay eggs and guard them.

Perhaps you could also play as faerie princes or faerie princesses, powerful beings of pure magic who die when they have no mana in their mana pool and can cast any spell in the game that isn't school or mage class only provided that they have the mana to pay for it.

I also have thought of non magical arena fighters called Ingenieers; instead of casting spells from a spellbook, they combine items from their toolbox to make new objects and effects. For instance, you could build robots from mechanical parts, a variety of concoctions from chemical components, and you could breed new creatures to fight for you.

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13820
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2014, 11:53:29 AM »
I don't know about that....

and now we can talk about Harshforge spells.
Plural? As in harshforge is a category of spells? Please say more. :) Harshforge amulet prevents teleportation?

Harshforge metal is resistant to magic.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »
Interesting.

Harshforge Armor: +2 Armor, spells that target the mage gain Magebind +2.
Harshforge Cloak: Enchantment on mage gain Upkeep +1.
Harshforge Boots: Spells that try to move or teleport mage cost 2X mana. X = Original spell cost.
Harshforge Hammer: 4 Dice, 9+ Daze, This weapon ignore protections from enchantments.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:06:37 PM by Wildhorn »

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2014, 01:30:56 PM »
Interesting.

Harshforge Boots: Spells that try to move or teleport mage cost 2X mana. X = Original spell cost.
Harshforge Hammer: 4 Dice, 9+ Daze, This weapon ignore protections from enchantments.

It is fun to see the speculation.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2014, 02:08:12 PM »
Interesting.

It is fun to see the speculation.

Because I am right? ;)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2014, 02:26:39 PM »
It does not matter if you are wrong or not. I could never say till the card become public.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2014, 02:28:56 PM »
It does not matter if you are wrong or not. I could never say till the card become public.

Bouh :P

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »
It's fun to watch speculation, because it's fun to speculate ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.