May 06, 2024, 03:23:30 PM

Author Topic: Forged In Fire  (Read 381222 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Forged In Fire
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2014, 01:08:02 PM »
I doubt Brace Yourself is armor. There is already Rhino Hide for that and War already has an enchantment giving armor.

True, but I'm assuming the 2nd line of the card is "At the end of the round, destroy Brace Yourself".

So it could be a temporary armor boost just to help endure an attack. The artwork also (to me) suggests it has something to do with armor b/c it's an image of a knight in a full suit of armor with his shield raised, as opposed to something like Sacred Ground where the artwork has an angel protecting the knights in it.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »
True. Armor is more Warish than Aegis.
And yes, its clear that it get destroyed at the end of turn. So maybe it will give a very high armor boost. Maybe +3?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »
Ahh let the (not so) rampant speculation begin.

When the article for Brace Yourself goes up, I'll cover why it is novice. I know there are a lot of novice War spells. I'm looking at having more novice spells in other schools as well.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2014, 01:23:56 PM »

When the article for Brace Yourself goes up, I'll cover why it is novice. I know there are a lot of novice War spells. I'm looking at having more novice spells in other schools as well.

That's good to hear. I think many people were worried about the amount of novice spells in the War school, fearing that War wasn't getting much better. I have faith in you guys though, I know you'll do what's best!

Personally, I'm very very pleased with what I've seen so far for both the alternate Mages (especially Warlord though). I'm looking forward to making a competitive deck with him.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:27:29 PM by Lord0fWinter »
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »
Goblin Alchemist's fire and acid attacks are ranged, and he's a soldier.. which means he can throw 5 damage dice of Acid from an Archers Watchtower, under a Bloodwave Warlord's Volley Fire Battle Order.   

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2014, 01:30:38 PM »

That's good to hear. I think many people were worried about the amount of novice spells in the War school, fearing that War wasn't getting much better. I have faith in you guys though, I know you'll do what's best!

Personally, I'm very very pleased with what I've seen so far for both the alternate Mages (especially Warlord though). I'm looking forward to making a competitive deck with him.

Think of it this way.We started brainstorming for FiF back in Jul / Aug
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2014, 01:39:01 PM »

Oh I know. You guys are great about making sure everything works perfectly together, which is why I'm totally okay with you guys pushing back dates to get more playtesting in. More playtesting = better product, so I'm all for it.

Speaking of that, I wonder if Sardonyx will be released in this set since he was pushed back from DvN? It's about time we had a dragon.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »

Oh I know. You guys are great about making sure everything works perfectly together, which is why I'm totally okay with you guys pushing back dates to get more playtesting in. More playtesting = better product, so I'm all for it.

Speaking of that, I wonder if Sardonyx will be released in this set since he was pushed back from DvN? It's about time we had a dragon.

Dragon's in Etheria are pretty special. In fact OP kit 5 follows an Archivist from Sortilege as he searches for a way to "make" dragons. Keep in mind that it has been many many years since anyone in the central heartlands has seen a dragon.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2014, 02:01:35 PM »
True. Armor is more Warish than Aegis.
And yes, its clear that it get destroyed at the end of turn. So maybe it will give a very high armor boost. Maybe +3?

The images on the main site do show more armor +1 tokens too...which doesn't mean its not more than 1, but may reinforce that its armor. Unless there is a new term anchor :-D

As a novice spell gaining +1 armor for two mana and zero reveal cost seems nice enough depending on the opportunity cost of casting.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »
As a novice spell gaining +1 armor for two mana and zero reveal cost seems nice enough depending on the opportunity cost of casting.

Since it gets destroyed at the end of the round though, I would hope it's 2 armor and not just 1. But we'll see.

Dragon's in Etheria are pretty special. In fact OP kit 5 follows an Archivist from Sortilege as he searches for a way to "make" dragons. Keep in mind that it has been many many years since anyone in the central heartlands has seen a dragon.

I'm actually glad to hear that. It's good that they're rare and not so abundant like they are in many other games.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2014, 02:50:28 PM »
All I can say is that my grandmother's nickname is 'The Dragon' and while we all love her, its probably fortunate she's one of a kind ;)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »
My guesses:

Adramelech Warlock
Same training as other warlock
32 life, 10 channelling(or burning touch becomes a 0 mana melee attack)
Fireweaving: once per round, you may treat one spell you own with the flame subtype as having the cantrip trait until the end of the round.
Smoldering Curses: any attacks which can give a burn effect get +1 to their effect die for each curse on the target
Demonic Reward: for each burn condition one of your demons inflicts, that demon heals one damage.
Burning touch: once per round you may do this 1 mana quickcast with range 0-1: flame, 2 dice, burn on a 9+, 2 burns on a 13+.

"The Adramelech Warlock has a greater mastery of flames than other mages through her Fireweaving ability. She entwines curses and fire with her Smoldering Curses ability. Adramelech also rewards demons who revel in flame through the Warlock's Demonic Reward ability. Finally, mages tend to avoid the Burning Touch of the Warlock."

Warlord of the Anvil Throne
36 life, 9 channelling
Runesmithing /Master Forger: He starts with 5 rune markers. When he or something he controls casts equipment, he may attach a rune marker to it. I'm guessing he cannot reclaim the runes on destruction so the equipment costs more to destroy.
   Shielding: any defence attached to this equipment gains +2 to its roll
   Power: casting spells on or attached to this equipment costs one less mana
   Precision, fortification, reforging
Battle: +1 melee
Battle Orders: Remain a mystery. I hope one order gives soldiers in the zone +4 life until the end of the round to make them seem berserker-y.

Guesses on what the new "disabled" condition does? I'm guessing the war incantation "Disarm" is one way to place it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:26:15 PM by echephron »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2014, 09:45:21 PM »
I don't know about that....

and now we can talk about Harshforge spells.
Plural? As in harshforge is a category of spells? Please say more. :) Harshforge amulet prevents teleportation?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2014, 11:32:03 PM »
Hehe just spotted these. I like what I'm seeing. I'm wondering how the Harshforge Monolith is going to affect the curse pile game of the Warlock. Might be good to have something to balance that out.

Also I still want a dragon.....
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2014, 08:59:41 AM »
I would like a dragon too, but maybe designers do in a future a expansion with a dragon for each school, because i believe that it´s normal that each school have a dragon with different powers.