May 17, 2024, 12:56:02 PM

Author Topic: Voltaric Shield  (Read 3710 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Voltaric Shield
« on: January 22, 2014, 12:39:24 AM »
Ok so fought a Wizard a few times and he had his shield up. Does it cancel out critical damage? Also lets say it does and the Wizard has 2 armor on. I roll 3 regular damage and 2 critical. In what order is it cancelled or reduced?
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Voltaric Shield
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 12:48:29 AM »
PG 34 of the Manual:

The attack has to deal at least one point of damage to the Wizard in order to trigger and use the shield, and this
damage is counted after armor has already taken effect. If the attack deals no damage to the Wizard (for example, all damage is absorbed by armor, or the attack is blocked by a Defense), the shield is not used.

So if the roll has both Normal and Critical Damage your armor will absorb the normal damage, up to the amount of armor, after that up to the next three points of damage (including critical) are absorbed by the Voltaric Shield.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 07:58:16 AM »
Silver it is good that you want to learn the rules better but could you please search before starting a new thread.

Wizards Voltaric Shield

-
QuestionWizard Voltaric Shield and a few other ?

-
How does Voltaric Shield work with Armour?
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:34:09 AM »
I've been working on a new player document that covers some of those early questions that people tend to have (such as can I harmonize a mana crystal). I've added this one to it.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:12:06 PM »
Yeah Shadow I can do that.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 03:07:14 PM »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage