May 17, 2024, 07:37:48 PM

Author Topic: Two Questions: Poison Gas Cloud & Harmonize  (Read 4088 times)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Two Questions: Poison Gas Cloud & Harmonize
« on: March 17, 2013, 06:08:34 PM »
First Question: Poison Gas Cloud reads "If a Living creature enters this zone, or starts its Action Phase in this zone, it may not take more than one move action this round."

Does this mean that the creature can not take any Quick Action in addition to their move (such as an attack)? Or just that they can't make a second move?

Second Question: Can Harmonize be attached to a Mana Crystal or Mana Flower to increase the casters channeling further?

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Two Questions: Poison Gas Cloud & Harmonize
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 06:20:53 PM »
Welcome to the forums.

It just means that they cannot take a second move action.

Harmonize may not target Mana Crystal and Mana Flowers. The target line says object. The card text sets the limitation that the object must have the channeling trait. Neither Mana Crystal or Mana Flowers have a channeling trait. They grant a channeling bonus to their controller

Edit: I originally answered yes to the Harmonize and this was incorrect. I changed the post too the correct answer. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »
coolbeans. Thanks for the quick reply. I just got the game a couple days ago and played it twice. So far I'm really liking it and it seems very intuitive. Those were my only noob questions....for now, lol.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 06:43:48 PM »
It's a great game. I can't get enough plays.

If those are the only 2 questions you come up with you're doing better than me.

dexmark

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 11:24:15 PM »
Quote from: "Tacullu64" post=9258
Welcome to the forums.

It just means that they cannot take a second move action.

Harmonize may not target Mana Crystal and Mana Flowers. The target line says object. The card text sets the limitation that the object must have the channeling trait. Neither Mana Crystal or Mana Flowers have a channeling trait. They grant a channeling bonus to their controller

Edit: I originally answered yes to the Harmonize and this was incorrect. I changed the post too the correct answer. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

I used to think I can use Harmonize on Mana Crystal and Mana Flower too before. When I started the game. Since then I look at the purple hand symbol for me to use it.

From Codex:

Object definition: Enchantments, Equipment, Creatures and Conjurations (Mana Crystal and Mana Flower belongs here) are spells which become objects in the game, remaining in play after they are cast.

Channeling: Some object have a channeling attribute which is how much mana they collect each round during the channeling phase

Channeling +/- X: Modifies a creatures channeling attribute by +/- X. Channeling cannot reduce below 0. Modifies only existing Channeling. It has no effect on Object (see definition above) without a Channeling attribute.

From the above, I guess where the confusion is. The Mana Crystal does not have the symbol of channeling though and this is why you can't add it.