May 03, 2024, 01:00:59 AM

Author Topic: Nullify  (Read 5096 times)

Marulick

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Nullify
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:50:32 PM »
Hi everyone:
me and my friends have a doubt, could we cast nullify on a enemy mage to prevent it heals with an incantation?

Thanks a lot!!

Alex319

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Nullify
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 07:26:32 PM »
Yes. Nullify can be cast on an enemy creature, and it will stop incantations which target that creature, such as a "Heal" spell.

Note that it only stops enemy incantations and enchantment spells. It will not stop abilities which say "as a quick spell" (like Arcane Zap) because although those do count as spells, they do not count as incantation or enchantment spells.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:29:03 PM by Alex319 »

Marulick

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 12:32:10 AM »
Thanks Alex  :)

auronvi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 04:01:28 PM »
The better card to cast would be Poisoned Blood in this situation. I love throwing that out when I know they are about to heal and then wait to activate it during the counter-spell step. It's nasty.
"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 10:34:42 PM »
On the other hand, if you're not sure whether your opponent will try to use Heal or Teleport (or Forcefield) to avoid imminent death, Nullify may be a better choice than Poison Blood. It depends on the situation.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

auronvi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »
I have two poisoned bloods because my GF uses the priestess and they are just TOO good to use on her. I also have the conjuration that stops ALL healing. She almost rage quit when I threw it down last game.
"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 10:15:34 AM »
I hadn't thought about nullifying the opponent mage.  I have just used nullify on myself for defense (usually to protect a wand or something), but that is a really good idea to use on other mage.  Depending on what they cast (esp if it is another Enchantment) it would probably cost less mana to destroy the enchantment via nullify then to dispel it after it is cast.  Thanks for the idea!  That is why I love these boards, can really open your eyes to different options and to learn new ways to play cards, especially for people like me that are new to the game.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 06:35:13 AM »
Nullify + Enchant Trans = good times for you  :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage