May 13, 2024, 05:49:16 PM

Author Topic: The Mage Wars Module for OCTGN has been updated  (Read 5369 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
The Mage Wars Module for OCTGN has been updated
« on: February 01, 2014, 05:10:04 PM »
lettucemode and I have released v1.3.0.0, you can find all of the details here.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Mage Wars Module for OCTGN has been updated
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »
Yay! These changes are awesome!

Except I'm not sure how I feel about automatically rolling for burn damage. On the one hand it means less mental multitasking for me, but on the other hand if I'm playing IRL I'll be more likely to forget to roll the burn damage manually because of all the games I play on OCTGN where the burns are rolled for me.

Other than that, though, this looks like a great update. Can't wait to be able to use ACG's zone border cards!

Keep it up!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 06:57:46 PM »
I have been working out it with lettucemode and ACG. I was hoping it would make it this time around, but during testing the board flipping gave us a challenge and we decided to move it to the next release.

As for the burns, I really like it a lot, though at first I was a bit hesitant like you. I like the fact that I don't forget when playing on OCTGN.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 07:58:23 PM »
i just played a game and the automatic burn rolling feature doesn't work anyways. All it does is say "resolving burns..." and nothing happens.

That might be good enough though, since if people are looking in the chat box, then that will remind them to roll for burns themselves. Then again, I just played two games this week where my opponents didn't notice that they had gone over on spellbook points since they didn't look in the chat box when they setup...
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »
now resolving burns is working.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 12:53:03 AM »
I guess no additional posts here means that everyone is happy with the last release (other than dice rolling) and like the enhancements.

As always if you find anything wrong with the card data let me know, if there is something you would like to see in the game, please post it up and we will take it in to consideration.

I played a game the other night, and now know a shortcut is needed for Corrode markers....

Sylex

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Nobody sees the Wizard! Not nobody, not no how!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 02:00:00 AM »
Thank all you guys for all your hard work in making MW that much easier for all of us on OCTGN. The burn automation is a step in the right direction.

What I like most is the time it saves. Games usually run long on OCTGN, and any attempt at making things run a little faster is always a plus even if its just a few seconds a round. Also, I don't have to remember, and that is good too since there is a lot going on during upkeep phases sometimes. Anything that is automatically calculated, or placed without me having to do it manually is much appreciated in this medium.

You guys are awesome!!

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 10:39:01 AM »
Just tried to play an OCTGN game for the first time since the update and neither I nor my opponent could get our cards to turn face up, even though the program reported that it was flipping them. A couple of resets and new games didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

lettucemode

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
Just tried to play an OCTGN game for the first time since the update and neither I nor my opponent could get our cards to turn face up, even though the program reported that it was flipping them. A couple of resets and new games didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

When was the last time you downloaded the image pack file (.o8c)?
linky: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hacumnmrvtmpn9o/TZW6O2IPPD

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »
I'll try redownloading