May 10, 2024, 03:46:00 AM

Author Topic: Replacing armor?  (Read 4028 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Replacing armor?
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:04:52 PM »
Is it a good tactic now that corrode is out there, and is it even legal to do the following:

Cast an armor on your mage one turn, wait until you get corroded by an enemy attack, then replace armor with another armor (even the same type since the original goes back in the book?) so that the original corrode penalty goes away.

Is that how it works? You effectively have to drop your armor before putting on the new armor, so the corrode does go away, yes?

Can someone confirm that replacing one armor with another of the same kind is legal? My thinking is that the mage isn't wearing both at the same time, so....

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing armor?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
It is legal, and it can remove Corrode markers.

The key point is that after the original armor falls off, but before the new armor has been placed, you check if your armor is negative. If it is, you lose Corrode markers until you have 0 armor. Then your armor gets added. If any Corrode markers fell off, you'll be at 1-2 armor at that point. It doesn't help if you have 2 Corrode markers, Rhino Hide, Leather Boots, Leather Gloves, and Dragonscale Hauberk though. Even without your Dragonscale Hauberk, you'll still have a positive Armor value.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 07:09:47 PM »
You sure can my friend! I suggest you check out the updated rules, which are found on the Mage Wars Facebook page! You can also like the page to get other awesome updates. Here's the link!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jko9zfgglg5xse6/Mage%20Wars%20Official%20Rules%20and%20Codex%20Supplement%20-%20Updated%20November%202013.pdf
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
Thanks for the link. I was just skimming through it and saw on the top of page 5 a chart where it lists "Tough -X" and gives as an example "+1 vs. Nonliving" -- I am guessing that these should have been two separate lines.

I can't figure out how to like it though. I signed in and everything... still no option to like. Anyway, thanks again.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:25:36 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/MageWars

Did you try here? It should be near the top of the page!
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

haslo

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 02:31:16 AM »
Here's a direct link to the post:

https://www.facebook.com/MageWars/posts/605414956161267

(This link will outdate rather fast, so if you're reading this thread from the future, there might be some time travelling going on and there might be a newer version out already.)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 08:19:30 AM »
Thanks for the link. I was just skimming through it and saw on the top of page 5 a chart where it lists "Tough -X" and gives as an example "+1 vs. Nonliving" -- I am guessing that these should have been two separate lines.

I can't figure out how to like it though. I signed in and everything... still no option to like. Anyway, thanks again.

What that line is referencing are traits that can modify effect rolls. In that way Tough and +1 vs. Nonliving both modify the effect roll, in different ways.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 10:47:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure the +1 vs Nonliving is a typo. It looks like an example of +X vs Creature Type or Trait to me, which should be a couple lines above the Tough -X.