May 19, 2024, 07:50:06 AM

Author Topic: Siren's call VS Chant of rage  (Read 2191 times)

Santar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Siren's call VS Chant of rage
« on: April 13, 2017, 04:01:28 PM »
Hi Mages!
My creature with Siren's call in same zone with Siren has Chant of Rage. Rage marker in 2 zones away.
1: can creature chose not to move from this zone? (I think NO, he can not)
2: can creature move 1 zone and then, if he not hindered, move back to Siren's zone? (I think he can)

My aquatic creature with my Siren's call in same zone with my Siren move 1 zone (can?) and then he become hindered, so he can't move back. Can he attack +2 melee? (I think he can)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 04:40:23 PM by Santar »

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Siren's call VS Chant of rage
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »
You need to specify if Siren is controlling the creature or not.

But also where the Rage marker is.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 04:38:13 PM by jacksmack »

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 08:58:01 PM »
Your assumptions are correct. The creature has two Mandatory actions:

1. Move towards a creature with a Hate token.
2. Move 1 zone towards the Siren.

When the creature activates, option #2 is not possible so it MUST do option #1, which is possible. After it has moved 1 zone towards the hate token, both options become available (as long as it is unhindered). So then, as a quick action, it may do either option that its controller wishes.

Santar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 03:53:00 AM »
Zuberi, thanks for answer.

Two more questions:
1:my Siren's call on my Crocodile who grapple another creature. Siren and Crocodile in different zones. Can my Crocodile attack with +2 melee the prey and not move, because he is restrained by grapple?

But in codex we see that the Grappler may "release its prey" and remove grapple condition at any time. So, Crocodile with Call MUST release the prey and move?

"the controller of the creature is not required to do anything beforehand that would make the action possible."- but remove grapple not controller chose like with Gremlin or Vampiress. It's the creatures free action.

By the way I thins that Crocodile can stay and not remove Grapple and attack with +2 melee.

2: Siren's call on creature in next to Siren zone. And on zone's board wall without passaged. So this creature can't move to Siren and it's free for 1at action from mandatory Call?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:02:58 AM by Santar »

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 10:25:47 AM »
1. Crocodile with Sirens call has a mandatory action that says it MUST move. But it doesn't say it has to release it's prey. Mandatory actions are self contained and never require you to do other things to make them possible. So the only requirement is that it must move, which it can't do unless it voluntarily releases its prey. As long as it doesn't decide to do that, it can choose to do other actions. It is exactly like the Gremlin or Vampiress.

2. Siren's Call is very specific in that the Mandatory move has to bring you closer to the Siren. If you can not move closer, then you are free of the mandate and may do any other action you wish. In your scenario, there is no possible move that would bring you closer to the Siren. Going around the wall requires you to (first) move further away from her. Now, if you were to voluntarily move out of the zone, and are unhindered, then you'd be forced to spend your Quick Action to move closer to the Siren, but just like in question #1, that first move is not part of the Mandatory Action and so has to be something you voluntarily chose to do.

These are really good questions to ask. Knowing the rules on Mandatory Actions have saved my bacon over a dozen times with Chant of Rage, resulting in them basically wasting at least one round of the enchantment.