May 20, 2024, 06:02:08 PM

Author Topic: opening FiF  (Read 2336 times)

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
opening FiF
« on: March 15, 2015, 01:48:17 AM »
I opened FiF yesterday... a lot of new possibilities I'm looking forward to test!

Is a rule supplement including this set coming?
(the MW rule supplement is a very valuable tool!)

And I can't help asking a question:
why having created new cards for dark (and fire), when it already was one of the most developped school?
Am I the only one incapable to build a funny Priest(ess)?
Am I the only one waiting for an elementalist, who would play with four well developped elemental schools?

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: opening FiF
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:03:49 AM »
In short. Yes, dont know, No and No :)

Rule supplement will defiently coming, it just takes time.

Well, there are two types of expansion. "small" and "big" ones. First big expansion was Forcemaster vs. Warlord and first small was Conquest of Kumanjaro. In small expansions, there is always (so far) alternative mage for already existing one. Now, in FiF, there was a wizard female planned for it. Arcane school is already good on its own so AW decided to change everything. And by everything i mean EVERYTHING! So from Wizard vs Warlock, they decide that Warlord deserve a boost and a whole concept of a small expansion was also changed. Now we have big expansions and big expansions with completly new mages. Warlock as an alternative mage stays in the box but thanks to a new concept, she recieved are those cool new spells so she is unique and you are able to play her fully and in a different way then male warlock.

This leads to Priest/Priestess problem. If Conquest of Kumanjaro was released in a same manner and a way of a concept as FiF, you would probably had no problem. There will be two great boosts for holy school in a future. Paladin vs Siren (big expansion with new mages) and cards from Mage Wars: Academy. And i can guarantee you, if from all those briliant cards at least one will be in a final box, you will be massivly satisfied :)

Elementalist. You are definetly not alone... yet i am looking foward to Monk or Barbarian mage :)

• Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 03:00:19 PM »
The new war cards are realy exciting (I don't know where to begin with my spellbook)!
I'm not sure yet what to think about the fire-burn warlock... but, as I said, fire and dark were allready very powerfull before fif, so I just hope it won't be to much!

You say that Academy will bring important new cards?
Does it mean that this set is not only for beginners?

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 04:49:17 PM »
The female warlock is actually a little weaker than the male warlock because she has to be more strategic in her choices.  A male warlock can summon a bodyguard before going out to deal damage through melee.  The female warlock needs to be more judicious and barbecue her foes from a distance.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 12:56:59 AM »
Mage Wars Academy will be more "newbie" friendly but that doesnt mean that it is just some "tutorial" package. All cards from Mage Wars: Academy will be usable in Mage Wars Arena. Also, Academy seems to provide same ammount of fun and only thinkg it lacks its epicness of longer battles from Arena :)

You probably already experience a situation, when you need to cast something small, so your quick cast doesnt go to waste but there is no level 1 spell that you like. Well, in academy, there is a lot of "small" spells. As stated in lets level up podcast episode 22, not all spells will be super useful. But some spells will definetly goes to your spellbook :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )