May 15, 2024, 03:33:26 AM

Author Topic: Sacrificial Altar  (Read 2483 times)

MW United

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Sacrificial Altar
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:45:42 AM »
Hey folks

Short and sweet.

Can the mage make use of the benefits provided by the altar for killing a creature?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrificial Altar
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »
Yes.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

MW United

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »
Awesome

Also would the bonus effects apply for both attacks with battle fury?

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
No. The altar says, their next melee attack. Generally when something says that they mean their next strike, not necessarily their next whole attack action. I think this is in the Rules Supplement, I think.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 03:26:54 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 04:11:21 PM »
Yes and no. Your mage would have the melee +X and piercing +X traits until the end of the round, but Battle Fury does not benefit from melee +X since the errata. You only get to use melee +X on the first attack of an action for which it is relevant, and Battle Fury now counts as part of the same action. You get the piercing for all of the attacks though. In addition, you could make use of the melee +X again if you were attacked and you used Retaliate to counterstrike.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »

Yes and no. Your mage would have the melee +X and piercing +X traits until the end of the round, but Battle Fury does not benefit from melee +X since the errata. You only get to use melee +X on the first attack of an action for which it is relevant, and Battle Fury now counts as part of the same action. You get the piercing for all of the attacks though. In addition, you could make use of the melee +X again if you were attacked and you used Retaliate to counterstrike.

I shouldn't have relied on my sleep deprived memory, lol. Thanks for pointing that out.