May 05, 2024, 04:07:44 AM

Author Topic: Nullify and Mage Wand  (Read 3670 times)

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Nullify and Mage Wand
« on: August 18, 2016, 11:31:02 PM »
So, I need someone to rule on this officially, but I shall also provide my interpretation.

[mwcard=MW1E29]Nullify[/mwcard]

[mwcard=MW1Q19]Mage Wand[/mwcard]

Nullify Counters. According to the Codex, Countered cards are sent to the discard pile..... Does a Bound card on a Wand that is Nullified also get discarded?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:07:30 AM by Milevan_Faent »

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Nullify and Mage Wand
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 01:06:10 AM »
Short answer : no.

If your opponent has a Dissolve on his wand and uses it and you Nullify it in response that means the dissolve is countered but it remains on the wand and can be used again at a later time.

btw you have a link to "Mage Staff" there, not "Mage Wand".
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:09:50 AM by Borg »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 01:08:28 AM »

If your opponent has a Dissolve on his wand and uses it and you Nullify it in response that means the dissolve is countered but it remains on the wand and can be used again at a later time.

So even though Counter says it is destroyed, it's not in this case? okay. That changes how that battle would have turned out. Wish I'd known this sooner.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 02:10:10 AM »

So even though Counter says it is destroyed, it's not in this case? okay. That changes how that battle would have turned out. Wish I'd known this sooner.

it's in the rulles (p.21).

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:39:29 AM »

Learning the various interactions between the Traits, spell effects, and rules requires time in battle and rereading the rules and spells. We always have an after action review to check how a match went and what questions we had. As you continue playing the interactions become easier to remember and you will have fewer questions. At least that has been my experience with the game.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 11:24:33 AM »
Its the spellbind trait that stops the spell from going to the discard pile.
I love this game. Its awesome!

Donovan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 11:26:27 AM »
Learning the various interactions between the Traits, spell effects, and rules requires time in battle and rereading the rules and spells. We always have an after action review to check how a match went and what questions we had. As you continue playing the interactions become easier to remember and you will have fewer questions. At least that has been my experience with the game.

Another tip: Keep the PDF with the rules open on a tablet and search for spellbound for example.