May 18, 2024, 05:01:58 PM

Author Topic: Priest of Fire  (Read 9200 times)

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Priest of Fire
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 12:59:35 PM »
On verge of death, [mwcard=MW1C19]Gray Angel[/mwcard] ability to Heal is very cool. Not to mention if you are rude enought to cast [mwcard=DNE02]Rise Again[/mwcard] on him :)

But you can't Rise Again a Holy Avengered Angel...

Knight of the Red Helm and Knight of Westlock are the best Avengers. Some of you have things the wrong way round - if someone hits your Knight of Westlock, instead of you (denying you +2 damage, but saving you 3-7) then that's the best possible result, and you will dodge half of the attacks anyway.

+2 melee, +1 piercing is a consolation prize, not the sought after result.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 01:11:43 PM »
You could use Second Chance if the creature is minor to "keep" your Avenger around.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 01:12:21 PM »
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC01]Asyran Defender[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MW1C20]Highland Unicorn[/mwcard] might be candidates for Holy Avengers.

Anyway shouldnt you have a few Dissolves? - Elemental Cloak+ Dragonscale Hauberk just gonna hurt.

You only 1 Purify to handle all kinds of curses and enchantments? - a few Dispels and maybe a second Purify.
Remove Curse naturally when it becomes available.

A few more enchantments?

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 01:12:33 PM »
You could use Second Chance if the creature is minor to "keep" your Avenger around.
White cloaked knight anyone?
The Phoenix shall rise.

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC01]Asyran Defender[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MW1C20]Highland Unicorn[/mwcard] might be candidates for Holy Avengers.

Anyway shouldnt you have a few Dissolves? - Elemental Cloak+ Dragonscale Hauberk just gonna hurt.

You only 1 Purify to handle all kinds of curses and enchantments? - a few Dispels and maybe a second Purify.
Remove Curse naturally when it becomes available.

A few more enchantments?

The deck doesn't rely on fire damage, it just has that in there for an early punch. Most of the damage is going to be from the Light attacks and Burn. That also makes the enemy have a harder time hitting since they'll always have a 50% chance to miss on top of any other miss chance. That said, I thought it had those... apparently I forgot some things when I made this deck. Excuse me as I go fix a bunch of stuff.

Also, Purify is meant to be cast with the Mage Wand, same as pretty much all of the incantations, so a second isn't necessarily needed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 01:59:54 PM by Milevan_Faent »

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 06:20:04 PM »
My favorite HA has to be [mwcard=MW1C02]Asyran Cleric[/mwcard]  8)

You only spend 2 mana to give him the sweet combat buff and if they choose to attack him instead that 5 extra life for 2 mana is ridiculously cost effective. Personally I don't like HA on any creature above level 2, but Grey Angel and the new Griffin are definitely solid choices.

Right. It seems the Crusader Griffin was made for the HA role. ☺
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »
Indeed.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 01:30:53 AM »
Also, Purify is meant to be cast with the Mage Wand, same as pretty much all of the incantations, so a second isn't necessarily needed.

Keep in mind that switching spells on a wand requires you to spend precious actions and mana which are generally better used elsewhere.

I also notice you have only 1 Mage wand.
Just like with your Sectarus in your other post you put a lot of pressure on 1 card,
so allow me to give you a small bit of advice : make sure you have multiple copies of key cards in your strategy and preferable also have a way to somehow defend them or replace them effectively with something else so that your strategy doesn't fall flat if you lose that card.
Eg, you might need only 1 Cervere in a book ( but have some other creatures to support/replace him ) but it might be handy to have 2 or even 3 Sectarus in your book if the card is so important.

Another tip : Use two Mage Wands and let the Battle Forge replace one by the other when needed so you don't lose a mage action on it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:12:01 AM by Borg »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster