Mage Wars > Player Feedback and Suggestions

Lost Grimoire 2.0

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kelanen:
The time isn't in coming up with ideas - we have hundreds of those and a lot part playtested even. It's playtesting them and all the interactions, then getting the balance just right on it, ordering art when fairly confident that the card is going to make it, and waiting for art to be produced.

A sizable proportion are playtesters, so it is already being done by teh community, or a part of it.

Karadox:
I thought it would be a good idea of course there are hundreds of designs for spells and dozens for mages...
I just thought of something that the whole community can do and not just a few playtesters, would help the community as a whole.

farkas1:
Hey Kelanen I get what you are saying but your missing the point of fan made. 

It's having personal ownership over what comes out, its about creating new concepts and being part of the creative process.  I like being a playtester but I don't feel like I'm creating a card I'm just fine tuning it.  It is a different process. 

I doubt we see it produced but other companies have made sets on fan made creations.  And yea I'm Excited and down for some of karadox ideas to come out, at least for casual play.  Does these cards need play tested?, sure but it would be fun to try them out too.  More creative minds the more potential for cool ideas to be produced.  I'm all for creative ways to get players and fans involved into a game they love.

wtcannonjr:

--- Quote from: farkas1 on November 29, 2017, 02:32:13 PM ---Hey Kelanen I get what you are saying but your missing the point of fan made. 

It's having personal ownership over what comes out, its about creating new concepts and being part of the creative process.  I like being a playtester but I don't feel like I'm creating a card I'm just fine tuning it.  It is a different process. 

I doubt we see it produced but other companies have made sets on fan made creations.  And yea I'm Excited and down for some of karadox ideas to come out, at least for casual play.  Does these cards need play tested?, sure but it would be fun to try them out too.  More creative minds the more potential for cool ideas to be produced.  I'm all for creative ways to get players and fans involved into a game they love.

--- End quote ---
I enjoy a fan made release every now and then, but I would prefer the creative product to be at a higher scale. i.e. not just individual cards. For example, I would love to see a Battleground style expansion that adds underground dungeon tiles and let's one player run the creatures in the dungeon and the other player (or group) to run a party that has an objective to accomplish to win the scenario.

Many of the basic elements are already in the MWA game system, but it needs additional rules and testing to create a fan-made expansion. At one point there was discussion that this was being developed by AW, but in the mean time a creative fan or fan-based team might take this on and share with the community.

Happy Holidays!

Kelanen:

--- Quote from: farkas1 on November 29, 2017, 02:32:13 PM ---Hey Kelanen I get what you are saying but your missing the point of fan made. 

--- End quote ---

Okay, I guess I am. I understand your point, but that's not an idea I'd get behind. To each their own though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version