May 08, 2024, 02:24:13 PM

Author Topic: Mohktari, Great Tree of Life  (Read 5672 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Mohktari, Great Tree of Life
« on: September 06, 2014, 10:45:46 PM »
Anyone have much experience using this bad boy? It's not Zone Exclusive from what I can tell so it looks like a really nice investment to me. Especially for a defensive Warlord or Priestess build. I'm gonna run it tomorrow with an Anvil Throne book and see how it does in a Fortified Position.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mohktari, Great Tree of Life
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:53:44 AM »
I was playing it with my old warlord book with sniper and guardian dwarf. One can build a really immpresive fort especially with panzegards. Only problem was teleport :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 02:11:55 AM »
Yeah to everything there is a counter and Teleport can hurt the turtle defensive build badly. Still it is more expensive to teleport a warlord in his armor than most. Also I could probably figure a way to defend myself there.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »
I've did this a year ago with a warlord.

[mwcard=MWSTX1CKC07]Dwarf Panzergarde[/mwcard] with [mwcard=FWE09]Standard Bearer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWC15]Thorg, Chief Bodyguard[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWC01]Dwarf Kriegsbiel[/mwcard] or [mwcard=FWC14]Sir Corazin, Blademaster[/mwcard]
maybe a [mwcard=FWC10]Ludwig Boltstorm[/mwcard] one zone behind it

[mwcard=FWE06]Fortified Position[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1J15]Mohktari, Great Tree of Life[/mwcard] and [mwcard=FWJ08]Renewing Spring[/mwcard] in the same zone. maybe a [mwcard=MW1E37]Sacred Ground[/mwcard] too.

When I did it, my stuff wasnt dying, and i was saving a ton of mana, which the enemy creatures where getting whittled down. most turns i attacked with [mwcard=FWQ11]War Sledge[/mwcard] and gave the On Guard battle order.

Now with FIF, some cards to add:
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ01]Harshforge Monolith[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ04]Armory[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC07]Gurmash, Orc Seargeant[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI06]Defend[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI04]Flank Attack[/mwcard]
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 12:35:00 AM »
I tried this in my Warlord book. It did not take my opponent more than a turn to switch to attacking the tree.
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 12:56:38 AM »
Ok so I tried this out. Things I learned:

1. Yes it can keep people alive for a very long time. Especially a group of archers in a Fortified Position. However a fully jacked up Minotaur swinging 10 dice with some piercing will totally eviscerate anything. :P Overall it worked good.

2. This does NOT need to be the sole source of healing for your Mage. Regrowth Belt is going to have to go in my book. Also maybe even a minor heal.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 12:58:31 AM »
Also I'm kind of ok with my opponent coming after the tree. That means they aren't hitting me. One opponent wasted two Fireballs on it but couldn't finish it today.

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 08:28:16 AM »
If your opponent attacks the tree then it was a good play assuming your attaching him back. The tree is tough for it's cost. The better way to counter the tree is to teleport the mage out of his bunker.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 07:57:16 PM »
That is a good point. The tree did almost last 3 turns of constant attack before dropping in that game.
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »
Any ability that has a number and not a +x does not stack. Therefore you gain nothing for having multiples of this card in a zone, except the ability to choose which of the regenerates you use. This is probably the reason AW decided not to put zone Exclusive on this card.

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 05:33:38 PM »
Any ability that has a number and not a +x does not stack. Therefore you gain nothing for having multiples of this card in a zone, except the ability to choose which of the regenerates you use. This is probably the reason AW decided not to put zone Exclusive on this card.

you cant have multiple conjurations with the same name in the same zone. its the same rule about not having 2 bear strengths on a creature. i am one of those people that used to put 2 seedling pods in the same zone...
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid